Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Catch Up

Okay so I planned to start blogging again this week after I arrived home from Sunderland. I didn't get home till gone 9pm so I spent the next day sleeping and catching up on The Vampire Diaries, How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl. Then just as I was getting annoyed about the fact that my phone charger has stopped working and my phone had ran out of battery, guess what else stops working?

My laptop charger! I have an apple mac laptop and bought a new charger only a few months ago so I think I've realised that the problem is the laptop and NOT the charger. Just before it stopped working it started going funny, working sometimes only when I wiggled it about or held the laptop in a certain position etc and then the charger began to get extremely hot. So I figured it must be the actual laptop battery. And because I just had to insist on purchasing an apple laptop, I'm assuming it's going to be pretty expensive to fix!

I won't lie, I am struggling enough as it is without my phone :( Luckily I can use my parents laptop in the meantime but it's so bloody slow that it's hard to update the blog. Nonetheless I will try my hardest!

This last weekend was so much fun! As you all know, I went to the University of Sunderland (which is up north near Newcastle) for three years to study Magazine Journalism. I graduated in July and have since come to miss the place a lot. For somewhere thats about a five hour drive means I can't just up and visit whenever I want. Me and two of my closest friends (who also went to uni there) have been discussing for ages a trip back there, especially as I hadn't seen one of them in over a year as she took a gap year abroad. So we finally went last weekend to coincide with one of the towns biggest pub crawls.

I enjoyed it there so much. I hadn't seen either friends in ages and it was so nice to have a catch up and spend some genuine time with them. Although we speak all the time, it was nice to have a proper gossip in person. It was also really weird being back in Sunderland. Upon the time of graduating I was fed up with the place but after being back there it's really hit me how much I miss the place.

We spent the majority of our time gossiping, eating takeaways and watching movies but the big night out was also amazing of course. The theme was nurses and doctors. That's another thing I miss about being up north, the social life. In my town we don't have anything remotely similar to a pub crawl. Up north the uni had so many different clubs and nights out, as well as trips to other places. Here we don't have that! So it was definitely fun to be part of that again. I definitely felt like a student again, getting glammed up and tipsy in my friends tiny student room and stumbling from one crowded club to the next. I must admit though we did feel pretty old by the end of the night as a lot of the pub crawlers were about 18 years old and freshers, where as we're all 22/23 and two of us are graduates! It didn't stop us having a laugh though!

Us on the crawl, I don't know why my friend is pulling that face and I am extremely annoyed that I've got kings of leon hair! I made that hat myself!


Anyway, the weekend away was a much needed break for all of us and it's definitely got me thinking about the next step of my life. I'm even considering the option of moving back up north, depending on the job situation.

In the meantime I have become ridiculously addicted to The Office! I find the relationship between Pam and Jim incredibly sweet and romantic and it's definitely got me dreaming of working as a receptionist and having and office romance, haha! I don't know what it is about John Krasinski either but he used to annoy me and I didn't understand what the fuss is about but now I think he's so cute! I think the pranks he pulls are hilarious and I love the faces he always makes at the camera too!


So that's what I got up to this weekend and I thought it would be nice to just update you all until I am able to continue blogging properly again! I hope you all had a lovely Valentines day :)