Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Jeans Policy & Look Of The Week - Girly trip to the cinema

Before I go onto my LOTW, I'll also quickly explain that this also counts as outfit one of my 'No Jeans Policy' for Lent! I have decided to give up jeans for lent (that's a whole 46 days!) as I feel I practically live in jeans and never experiment with skirts or leggings on a day to day basis. I will either blog my outfits daily or weekly, but in the meantime you can check out my progess here. You can also check out my new page/blog section on this by clicking the 'My No Jeans Policy For Lent' along the top of the page, beneath the banner. Wish me luck!

Anyway, onto LOTW. Me and my friend went to see The Vow tonight which was very sad and we went for a Maccy D's afterwards. Here's the look from tonight.

 
 

 I didn't want to make too much of an effort as we were only going to the cinema (and I was afraid of wearing too much makeup incase I cried as I knew it was going to be a sad film!) so this look is fairly casual. I've basically just worn a baggy deep blue top, which if you look closely, you can see it has small little gems on the neckline. I wore this over purple leggings and a pair of brown boots which have a bit of a heel on them so they are also a bit girly too. I chose a light grey/brown hoodie to add a bit of colour to the outfit, then just added some really nice accessories as shown in the last photograph. I also love my makeup here, I used the pallete from my 'Her Name Was Glowla' benefit pallette that I got for Christmas. The eyeshadow colours I used were white, light brown and dark brown. This look is fast becoming my favourite daytime look as I usually struggle to wear eyeshadow in the day without making it too heavy or over the top. However this is a really nice light and casual look that I think brings out my eyes. The lipstick I'm wearing is also a recent new favourite of mine, I have no idea what make it is but I picked it up from a cheap make-up store when I was in Sunderland and haven't stopped wearing it since. I think its the perfect deep pink shade.

Outfit :

I'm afraid I have no idea where any of this outfit is from, I cannot remember, sorry!

Make Up :

Foundation : Boi-ing shade 01 from Benefit and L'oreal Paris infallible brush in 015 Porcelain shade
Cover Up : Beige shade Hello Flawless by Benefit
Eyeshadow : Shadows from Benefit's 'Her Name Was Glowla' palette
Eyeliner : E.L.F Brightening Eyeliner in Black
Mascara :  Rimmel London Glam' Eyes Day 2 Night
Blusher : Blusher from 'Her Name Was Glowla' Benefit palette
Eyebrows : ILAH Eyebrow kit
Lipstick : Unknown

Accessories :

Necklace : Accessorize 
Earrings : Accessorize
Ring : Primark

Other :

Nails : Lemon Meringue by Models Own