Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Wishlist

This is what I'm lusting after/wanting this week..

Natalie Pleat Front City Shorts, Boohoo.com, £15.00

I used to be a hater of shorts when I was younger (believing skirts were far more feminine) but over the years shorts have become much more stylish and classy and are available in - thank god - more then just denim! I love this pair because I think they look quite glam. They'd look lovely with a caramel or chocolately brown jumper/top, some wedges and some nice thick bangles on a night out. I also think they'd be ideal to keep back for summer and team up with a brighter coloured top - perhaps a pale pink - with black pumps. 

Bella Bamba brightening pink face powder, Benefit, £23.50

I can also admit to using the same old blusher for years, but after an email arrived in my inbox about this brand new Benefit product, I'm all for trying it! I've been after a more coral, pale pink blusher for ages and this seems perfect for the job. Benefit promises that it will 'amplify cheekbones and create the illusion of sculpted features' and that this blusher is the first of its kind as its 3D! I don't quite understand how its 3D compared to, well, other makeup, but I trust in the Benefit Bible that it will make a difference and will make my cheeks look utterly kissable (as my sister once told me when she introduced me to Benefit makeup before a date!)


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I've watched the film, I've cried the tears and I've even developed a small girl crush on Rachel McAdams who stars in the film adaption - now its time to read the book. I've just ordered it and I'm looking forward to curling up in bed with a hot chocolate and tissues to hand with this book. 


How I Met Your Mother, £30.99, Amazon.co.uk


Now, don't get me wrong, in no way am I ranting and raving about this being an amazing new show. I say this because this show has been airing for 5 years now and although I've only been a fan since last year, I hate being the last to be a fan of things! No, this is simply on my wish list because I watch each episode religiously anyway, and after watching the latest episode I've fallen in love with the show all over again. The latest episode, that offered a lot of drama but still laughter, reminded me of how amazing this show is and how badly I STILL want the boxset! If you are a late bloomer in enjoying this show, I'd recommend checking it out now. It's like Friends meets Scrubs (the main character, Ted, is exactly like JD!) and is based around Ted in the future telling his children the story of - yep, you guessed it, how he met their mother. And even on the 6th season, despite lots of clues, we still don't bloody know! But, we don't know in a good way as in we like to keep guessing, rather then Lost cliffhangers where no questions ever get answered until the very last episode. It also has great cameos from Britney Spears to Sarah Chalke (who played Elliot in Scrubs!).



Teacup pigs!

Awww, I want one so badly!