Thursday, January 20, 2011

LUSH fallen victim to hackers

Handmade cosmetics company Lush have launched a message on their website today explaining that any orders taken between 14th October 2010 and today may have given up their card details to hackers. Lush stated on their website "24 hour security monitoring has shown us that we are still being targeted and there are continuing attempts to re-enter.
We refuse to put our customers at risk of another entry - so have decided to completely retire this version of our website.
For complete ease of mind, we would like all customers that placed ONLINE orders with us between 4th Oct 2010 and today, 20th Jan 2011, to contact their banks for advice as their card details may have been compromised."
So, if you're still waiting for some old Christmas presents to arrive and may have assumed that the problem would be because of postage backlogs, I'd recommend contacting your bank - just incase.
What a shame that hackers feel the need to target such a successful company. Please spread this message around to anyone you know who may have placed orders on their website since this date and in the meantime check their website to find out about other safe ways to buy their products until they get the situation under control. 
Although I've never ordered on the website before, I must admit, this works out as bad news for me and good news for them because now if I want any Lush products, I'll have to go in store and be tempted by all the other pretty things on sale!

Kate Flinders Hurn, 20, from Liverpool, is a student who works part time in Primark. She says, "I was going to order from Lush.co.uk, thank god I didn't as I have had fraud against my card before and it was traumatic!"

www.lush.co.uk