Saturday, September 25, 2010

Makeup-o-holic on a budget

I love make-up and trust me when I say that I never let anything, be it the weather or my mood or anything else come between us!You see this is true love and I really wish for you to understand what I really feel for it. Of course you are all welcome to leave your comments here and let me know about your respective obsessions...

My obsession you see starts with make-up and ends with the same. So, why am I gushing so much about it you'd ask and that is because the month is coming to an end and I get to again go cosmetics shopping :D You see I have this rule that though I don't like to follow but I am forced to follow in order to keep my make-up shopping budget under control. The rule is that I am not allowed to buy more than 2 products or spend more than 1000/- a month on cosmetics (whichever is more). Well, honestly I don’t always follow it to the hilt but trust me when I say that I do really try my best. Sometimes when the temptation is too much to bear, I manage to convince people around me (read sis, mummy, bf, bff etc) to actually gift me some stuff. LOLZ... And since I never win any give-aways I am not mentioning them here!

Well anyways, the point here is what if I feel greedier than usual (for cosmetics) and my budget as well as gifts doesn’t satiate this greed of mine? Well... It's simple! I either go all out and buy stuff that's dirt cheap or literally make some stuff :D

Here's a list of a few:

1. JAI KAJAL

My colleagues tell me that it is actually pronounced as "Za-ee". Well, it's a small dibbi of extremely smooth kajal which costs about 10 bucks. It's highly smudgy but I simply love the color it imparts and the tingly-tingly sensation it gives due to the camphor it contains.

REVIEW: http://isimplylovemakeup.blogspot.com/2010/09/jai-kajal-ki-jai-ho.html

COST: Rs.10/-

2. VOV NAIL PAINTS (fake ones)

Well you see, I have heard about this Korean brand called VOV, that makes nail polishes and removers mostly. These are available in malls all across the country for Rs.45/-. Now there is a twist as well. Fake VOV nailpolishes are available as well in the market. They are generally stocked by the roadside accesorry vendors. I picked up four of them in really pretty shades for Rs.20/- each :). Now I know it's not good to use fake/cheap nail polish and hence, I picked these up for Nail Art purposes only ;)

3. Making Lip glosses

Well honestly, I came across this trick on the net somewhere, but it has fabulous results! The procedure is as follows:

Take a glob of Vaseline (yes! the petroleum jelly) and melt it in the microwave with a few choco-chips or pieces of chocolate. Yummy chocolate flaboured lip gloss is ready :) You can store it in old lip balm containers, though in summers you might need to refrigerate it :)

4. Making OAT Moisturizer

OK, this is one really awesome moisturizer and I got this recipe from the net from the following blog: http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/beauty-tips/diy-beauty-with-kitchen- cosmetics/ . I tried it out and it worked wonders for me!

Add a handful of oats to some cold water and let it stand for say half an hour. Sieve the mix using a strainer and the milky liquid can be used as a moistirizer :) It's odorless and works wonder for your skin...

Hope you find these as helpful as they were to me :D