Monday, September 27, 2010

REVIEW: GLOW edt by JLo

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Lopez but it's a shame that I had never tried any of her perfumes. So, my boyfriend, being the best guy that he is, got me GLOW as a part of my birthday gift :) You see the irony here is that my first perfume by JLo i.e. Glow was actually JLo's first perfume of the whole range she has come out with :)

So here I go with the review:
First things first... THE PACKAGING... Well it's gorgeous! The bottle is very feminine much like JLo herself :) It's a long bottle with a very shapely bottom ;) and a pretty, blingy chain with a crystal studded JLo pendant around the neck of the bottle. It looks elegant, pretty and feminine...

THE FRAGRANCE... The official site describes it's notes to be: neroli, pink grapefruit, rose, sandalwood, amber, musk, jasmine, iris and vanilla. It was marketed to be "fresh, clean and sexy" and well it does live up to it's claims. It has a subtle smell of Jasmine and hint of Rose... It has a mostly floral smell and it is very understated and subtle but the lasting power is really high. I can smell it on me throughout the night and I honestly wake up in a better mood :) It has a very different smell from what I am usually used to smelling in these perfume selling outlets. It oozes with sophistication and elegance.
I mainly use it as a nighttime perfume, perfect for a romantic dinner for two or a cosy get together with friends in a classy restaurant.

POSITIVES
1. Extremely feminine
2. Smells elegant and sophisticated
3. Subtle yet long lasting
4. Very pretty packaging

NEGATIVES
Because of it's subtlety, it might get overpowered by someone else's not so subtle scent :(

Will I use it more? I intend to plus I have an added advantage of my boyfriend loving it as well ;)