Friday, September 17, 2010

REVIEW: TRUE RED edt by Marks and Spencer...


My first ever purchase from a Marks and Spencer store was True Red and a red satin clutch and I have regretted neither :) I had ventured into Marks and Spencer looking to find a signature scent for myself and I found True Red.
True Red by Marks and Spencer is a chypre floral fragrance for women. Top notes are orange and pineapple; middle notes are sage and jasmine; base notes are patchouli and musk. Description: Courtesy http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Marks-and-Spencer/True-Red-3418.html
What I personally think of True Red? Well for starters the moment I took the first whiff of the tester, I was mesmerized! My mood perked up suddenly and I knew I had found what I was looking for. I first purchased it's 50ml bottle for Rs.450/- and have just been using it ever since.A lot of blog sites have described it to be a floral fragrance, but personally I have found it to be more fruity than floral. The smell of Pineapple and Orange engulfs me and keeps me smelling yummy all through my eight hours at work. But let me tell you, there is nothing subtle about it ;) It guarantees attention with its sensual and racy notes and keeps you feeling confident and powerful all day long.The fragrance as well as the contents is long lasting. A 50ml bottle keeps me busy for about 2 months, and mind you I use it extremely liberally :D The fragrance does start losing its potency (lolz) by the end of the day.
POSITIVES

1. Yummy smell

2. Long lasting fragrance

3. Attractive bottle

4. Extremely feminine


NEGATIVES

1. The fragrance starts fading by the end of 5-6 hours

2. Could be overpowering for a few people with allergies to perfumes and strong scents


Do Note that the smell is NOT SUBTLE but pretty strong and empowering
Will I use it more? I use it every day and intend doing so for a very long time :)