Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pictures From The Present ; Snapshots of how I've spent this week

Week of 25th - 30th April  2011

I have decided to start this new weekly feature as a little insight into my life and what I've been doing! I thought it would be a bit different from what you normally see on the blog as well. Enjoy!



How I'll be spending my summer..!
I've recently got back into reading and have been snooping around charity shops every time I've been out shopping in the past few weeks and this is the pile of books I've got to read this summer! I can't wait!


A housewarming present to myself and some craft goodies
Even though I haven't technically sorted out my new flat yet, I couldn't resist buying these cute vintage coasters that read 'Cuppa Tea? Brewed In Britain'. My mum always says its only once you get your own place that you start to worry about things being clean and tidy and I think she's right, I will not stand for a dirty table! Ha! And these cute craft things are for my scrapbook/card making. I am aware that I don't know what I'll use them for yet, but they are too cute!



Bear overload
My mum made these really cute bear biscuits for my sister's village party!



Chocolate in proportion
Girls, if you want to diet, then get yourself down to M&S and pick up one of these! These adorable little indulgence pots are only a pound and even come with a spoon! If you're trying to tone up for summer and can't give up chocolate here's your answer ; eat it, but only in proportion! One of these as a treat just once a week surely can't be too naughty can it..?



Mum, Dad and Jasper having a picnic in the park!
Me and my parents - and my dog - went for a picnic at a place called Ashridge this week. Unfortunately, when we got there it was packed full of kids on an easter egg hunt! We had a nice stroll through the woods then sat down for a picnic. Lovely day!



Trying out new cookie cutters
Mum loves to bake and got a set of cookie cutters from the bootsale. She tried them out and made my name - well, a shortened version anyway. They were very nice. Thanks Mum!


Welly Wanging
My sister lives in this really nice village and she is on the village committee so helped plan a village party for the Royal Wedding! There were games, cocktails, food, a band and even fireworks! It was a really lovely day, it didn't rain and the food was delicious. I don't know if you can see wellies flying all over in the picture, but that's people taking part in a game of welly wanging! Myself, my mum, my sister and her friend competed in the 'four legged race' game which turned out to be a disaster when we all fell over (much like everyone else) and I ended up flashing my thong and bottom to the whole village! I've never been so embarrassed in my life! It was still a lovely day though and a perfect end to one of my last days down South.