Thursday, June 30, 2011

18 Day Photo Challenge

Day 06 - a picture of a hard time in your life you overcame


This is a photo of me and two of my best friends, Nichola and Ashley on a night out. As you can see, I'd clearly been crying. Although I've been through worse in my life, this is a photo of me when I was suffering my first ever break up from my first ever serious relationship. It took me bloody ages but I finally overcame it and of course I thought I would never survive it. It was horrible and dragged out. I later found out that my ex had actually slept with someone the night he ended things with me ; that was obviously the cut off point for him. But at the time I didn't know it, so whilst we kept seeing each other I thought I had a chance - if I'd had known this at the time, as hard as it would have been, it would have given me the confidence to walk away and just delete him from my life. I would have been over him a lot quicker! That taught me that sometimes you have to be nasty to be nice.
Anyway, this photo was taken on my first night out as a singleton. I proceeded to get drunk, and not long before this photo was taken I was on the phone to said ex, crying my eyes out, begging him to take me back because 'we belonged together'. Before throwing my shoes in a bush. Classy.