Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pictures From The Present ; Snapshots of how I've spent this week

Week of 16th April - 22nd April 2012


My Big Secret Project
Everything is going to plan with a new project I've decided to go ahead with. All will be revealed soon enough, but in the meantime I thought I'd show you this gorgeous notebook I've been using for jotting down all my ideas and plans. Inside are really cute phrases about gossiping! I love it ha! This project isn't really a big secret - although it's a big project - I'm just keeping quiet about it in the meantime until I get further along with the plans. As I said, it's in the very earliest stages at the moment and I don't want loads of people knowing and to have that pressure on my shoulders when I'd like to take my time with it, thinking of the best approach to do things and so on.
I have been pretty overwhelmed with the contributions so far though! I'm not just impressed at how many people want to get involved but how many people share similar opinions and ideas like the ones I am having. This means that my project will be a success :)


Wreck This Journal
This is also something I haven't really talked about much as I thought it was such a great find. On some levels its a really personal thing and it's so cute and quirky that I wanted to keep it to myself and not let so many people know about it so to speak. I will be doing a separate post on this soon but this is just one of the pages I've done in it (it's hard to explain what it is until I create this post). But I thought this drawing I filled in on the page was pretty cute...
...mind you, I did what the book said and 'took it in the shower with me' today and it completely ruined the drawing, ha!


Sandles!
How cute are these?! True, they're a bit out there but I love them. I think they'd be ideal for rocking that boho/hippie look for a music festival. I'm just going to put my hands up and admit it - I'm a festival virgin. Don't get me wrong I've been to loads of gigs over the years but the closest thing I've come to a festival is watching various pop artists - including Busted and Mcfly *swoon* - perform at SUMMER XS, an all day concert that used to take place in Milton Keynes.
It's not that I haven't wanted to go to a festival because I always have - it's just finding the money/the people to go/the time off work. But one day I shall finally lose my music festival virginity and mark my words if these sandles are still for sale I will buy them for said festival!


Liqueur Chocolates 
We tried Liqueur chocolates the other night and they are SO weird. I thought it would be like an alcoholic caramel inside a chocolate but no, you bite into it and it's literally just liquid inside! Some of them were nice, some of them not so much. Definitely ideal for parties/drinking games though.


Charlie asleep on me
We went to my sisters for dinner today and to have a look at a new house she's hoping to buy (it's lovely, but the last person who lived there died in it so it's most probably haunted!) and had a lovely day. This is her cat Charlie who normally hates me but today decided to curl up on my tummy/lap and fall asleep on me! So cute!


Patterned Paper
I love my crafts and I'm constantly collecting embellishments, trinkets, papers and more. My Mum very often buys craft magazines and gives me the papers that come with them. These are the wrong size for my scrapbook so I tend to use them for loads of different other crafty stuff. I'll be using these papers to finish off my origami wish stars.


Another French Film to add to my collection
Yes, I am learning French, yes I love France and yes, I admit it, I do think watching French films makes me more cultured. I've been meaning to watch this for SO long, especially after we visited the famous cafe/street that appeared in the film whilst we were in Paris. Well, we stumbled across it anyway. However, typical me, I borrowed it from my sister and then got home to find the disc wasn't even inside the case. *sigh*
This week I've been...

Watching... The Office and 2 Broke Girls (I haven't decided if I like it yet or not)
Reading...nothing! I'm trying to save my books for holiday but I really fancy reading that 'Fifty Shades of Grey' that everyone is on about. I think I'll order it for holiday.
Listening to...Mayday Parade - Miserable at Best & Something Corporate - Down
Playing...Draw Something on my phone
Smelling of...Harajuki Lovers Fragrance - Lil' Angel
Perving on...Josh Franceschi & John Kraskinski 
Loving...all my upcoming career plans and the fact that I go on holiday next week!
It's been a very exciting week this week in terms of career/life plans. As well as my own project beginning to take off, I've also been invited down to London on Tuesday to be part of another really exciting ongoing project. Despite my Mum being a bit iffy about me going (she genuinely thinks that I'm going to get sex trafficked out of the country!) I'm really looking forward to it. It's an amazing opportunity, will gain me so many contacts and will hopefully lead onto some other great things. Plus - it's all based in London! I'm hoping to go down a bit early on Tuesday and make a day of it. I'll tell you all more about it when I'm back.
I've also been getting ready for holiday, getting my last bits and bobs and such. This time next week I should be there! It actually couldn't have come at a better time - both me and my sister need a relaxing break away as she's had so much stress lately and with moving it's going to be a tough couple of months - and I'm going to be so busy after this. I'll really be getting my head down when I'm home but in the meantime a relaxing holiday soaking up the sun it's perfect. Plus the weather has been absolutely horrendous here, raining and hail stoning constantly, even with a bit of thunder!
I've been out and about with some friends this week too and we're planning to hopefully go camping sometime this summer.
I'm feeling really excited about all my upcoming plans and projects :)

I hope you all had a lovely week also :)