Sunday, May 13, 2012

Snapshots of how I've spent my week

Week of the 7th - 13th May 2012

1. Egyption fridge magnets
2. Quotes to make you smile
3. English food!
4. #fiftyshades addict here

5. Milk in a bag?!

6. Being an editor innit!

1. Egyption fridge magnets Never content with just being a normal daughter and bringing something like an Egyption notebook or whatever, I just HAD to bring home these very freaky (but quite frankly hilarious...and disturbing) fridge magnets for my parents.
2. Quotes to make you smile Mamaw recently purchased this magnetic whiteboard and attached it to the side of the fridge to write her to-do lists on and whatnot. I have, however, decided to update it weekly with cute quotes and inspiring wisdom ha.
3. English food! Our hotel had pretty bland food and after trying some disgusting 'real egyption hummus' which gave me a dodgy tummy, I've definitely been more appreciative of typical English junkfood. A sandwhich, crisps, More! Magazine, Company magazine and a cuppa = perfect!
4. #fiftyshades addict here! I bought the book and read it within two days on holiday. It was SO gripping and addicting so as soon as I got home I purchased the other two. I would definitely recommend this book but only if you have an open mind. Expect a review up this week.
5. Milk in a bag?! What? Just what?! I get it, it's being green by not using plastic cartons or whatever but yeah just don't let me near it. I literally cover the whole kitchen side in milk and powder just by making a milkshake with normal milk, I can't imagine what I'd be like opening and using this.
6. Being an editor innit! I've spent most of the week in the study like this. I've got to say, I bloody love it.

This week I've been -

Watching...DIY SOS & The Chase (shamelessly addicted!)
Reading...50 Shades Darker
Listening to...The new All American Rejects album
Playing...Draw Something on my phone
Smelling of...Harajuki Lovers Fragrance - Lil' Angel
Perving on...Dougie Poynter (have you SEEN the picture of him in a suit at his bandmate Tom's wedding?! No? You'll fall in love, trust me)
Loving...absolutely anything and everything to do with London

I've definitely been suffering from post holiday blues this week, but I've also been really happy to start on my first editorial content (I'll never get bored of calling myself an editor!). I seem to have fallen into a bit of a pattern - most evenings I cook dinner with Mum, then me and my parents sit down to watch The Chase, before I retire to the study upstairs to do work. Then before bed I come down and watch DIY SOS (it's so good haha!). I'm sad, I know...at least it's been sunny this weekend though and I've finally been able to show off my tan! This job has also made me fall even more in love with London! I've been discovering so many awesome places, most of which become a million times awesome when it's Christmas. I cannot to spend Christmas in London. Now all I need is a decent man who I can drag Winter Wonderland and all these beautiful places..fingers crossed Dougie will be single by Christmas!



Yummy!