Monday, January 14, 2013

Look Of The Week - Take Me Dancing

At the weekend, myself and some friends headed into St Albans to see some local bands play. One of my best friends cousin was playing, so as well as popping down to show our support, we also got to check out some new music. I hadn't been to the venue before but was surprised to discover that it always has gigs on so I have a feeling we'll be popping down there more often! So here's what I wore...


It's no surprise that I went for an edgy/rock chick look, pairing my favourite 'rocker' dress with my leather jacket. It was quite a simple outfit, but because it was really cold out, I felt the jacket was necessary. The dress has really low/large 'arm holes' as shown in the left picture - I absolutely adore this effect as I think it shows just the right amount of skin without being too over the top. It's really cheeky but pulled off well if you're going for an edgy look as opposed to classy for example. I think the accessories really made this outfit - lots of skulls! Would you believe that I only had fifteen minutes to get ready?! I hadn't slept the night before so tried to get a cheeky nap in before heading out. Cue a massive rush to get ready when my friend wakes me up by a text stating that we're supposed to be leaving in 15 minutes...oops!


I kept my eye makeup simple - with my fringe being so long (it really needs a trim!) it's a bit pointless being experimental with my makeup at the moment, as no one will see it! Still, I stuck to a generous amount of eyeliner and relied on my trusty favourite Rimmel lipstick to complete the look. I love how the deep lipstick contrasts against my pale skin - perfect for a night spent listening to live rock music.

It was a fun night and I was glad I wore what I did - within an hour of the show starting I was boiling hot! It was definitely one of my favourite looks so far. I can't really fault anything - the dress itself wouldn't be something I'd choose based on the design alone, but overall I love the tatty oversized material and the wife beater style of it.  

Because you have to 'name' your look when uploading it onto LookBook, you may have noticed that I've been naming the posts too. Generally I just use the title of whatever song I'm listening to at the time (the last look I uploaded whilst listening to The Maine's cover of 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun'). Today it's The Maine - Take Me Dancing. I love this song and feel it's so appropriate for the look. The lyrics 'take me dancing, get me fucked up, play that old guitar and we will sing' forever remind me of the feeling of just spending a night with close friends, listening to music and having fun - which is exactly what I did on Saturday. It reminded me that for some of the best nights all you need is awesome music and some great company!  

P.S Check out the Look Of The Week tag for a mooch at some of my other 'Look Of The Week' posts or please feel free to check out/give me a few votes on my LookBook - just click the image above!