Sunday, March 27, 2011

A bit of Consistency!

So, this blog may not be amazingly popular (I was off course, hoping Belle de Jour popularity without the call girlness) but I appreciate the followers I do have and I actually really enjoy blogging! Writing is my escape from reality and I love going online to look up makeup tips or how to do my hair in a new way and in turn I want my blog to display these type of tips for people to look at too. But, with being in my last few months of Uni it's not very easy and I have to admit I have been finding it hard to remember to keep consistency on this blog. So I've put together a sort of schedule regarding Uni work, actual work, this blog and other elements of my life to get into a routine of getting things done when they need to be. Here are some things I'm hoping to have updated on this blog and when.

Every other Monday we have our guest blogger Laura Lowe telling us what its like to plan a wedding. On the Monday's that she doesn't blog, I'm hoping to start blogging some recipes, mainly ones aimed at students (my target audience) or people who don't have the time, skills or money to make amazing meals like the ones you see on TV! It's going to be a kind of along-the-way diary as I am a terrible cook myself, my speciality is probably pasta at the moment so it's going to be on a level that will interest you as readers. This will probably start after Easter when I've got my student loan in and can do a massive shop. There will also be some differences between my recipes and the recipes you read about on the internet elsewhere so fingers crossed this will be good for the blog.

On a Wednesday of course I do 'Wednesday Wishlist' which is so much fun (dreaming about what I would buy if I had all the money in the world!) but Wednesday is my long day at Uni and work so I'm up at 7am and don't usually get in till 7pm and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get in! However I will be continuing this anyway and to ensure it always gets posted I will put it together early in the week and have it scheduled to post on a Wednesday.

Fitness Friday is also something I do on a Friday but this only lasts for 50 days so obviously this is a temporary thing. I am looking to do a review of an online shop once a week too as there are so many beautiful products out there from independent sellers and I am currently thinking whether this would be better done weekly, fortnightly or monthly. I will also be looking into doing giveaways to go along with these reviews, if not with every single shop then most. So look out for these!

I'm also going to be doing Look Of The Week, but this will probably begin after Easter as I'll try and get three to five of these done in advance (incase I'm not going anywhere interesting one week) so I always have a look to fall back on.

I don't have anything necessary planned for weekends as of yet, except updating the latest discount codes for shops on a Sunday. This might be changed to a Monday though as it depends when the shops release the codes! I don't want to have to make a post every single time a shop release a code but DO keep an eye on our twitter because some shops release codes that only last a day or an evening so we'll put these on twitter and maybe along the side too, maybe not. Also, on this note, some shops don't state how long their discount codes last so every Sunday when I update I will try these ones and remove them if they have stopped working. However, there is obviously a chance they expire earlier during the week but I don't have the time to check them all every single day so sorry about that!

So that's a general schedule so far, and of course the blog will be updated in between but that may be a bit slack while I'm going my dissertation - hopefully not though now that I've got a schedule sorted.

On a similar subject, I have some news about the blog. It's exciting for me but nothing really that major. Basically I've really enjoyed writing this blog despite it being only set up to coincide with my dissertation. So when it comes to me graduating, I will continue blogging but a close friend of mine has kindly got a domain for the blog for me! So hopefully later this year this blog will be moved to an actual website with its own domain address and my friend will be helping me design the blog/get more hits. This will slowly be created over the next few months ready to use when I graduate I hope but obviously until I do that, this blog will be continued here!

I am also writing kind of freelance for a website called Laughter For Women as a hair, beauty and fashion writer which is quite exciting! The website is aimed mostly at older women but the lady who runs it is hoping to get a much wider audience so it's a little different from this blog but if you fancy it do check it out anyway! Just click on the name for the link! It's basically been put together for a feel good website, the type that you can just log onto for 10 minutes or so during your dinner break and have a laugh or get some tips so it's very easy to read, an article can be read quickly if you're in a rush, nothing too over bearing!

Additionally, I have set up a more personal blog. I was thinking of doing this for a while, separate from this blog but still linking it from here just incase anyone wanted to read about my boring life. When me and my ex boyfriend broke up I began to blog, taking a humorous approach on things which I think people found quite refreshing. The theme at the moment is very much about the break up and moving on but I will be using it as a more general blog as well with things like picture challenges, what I've been up to, my thoughts on things. I haven't decided how often I will blog and it's still looking a bit new even though I've done a few entires, so I'll tell you the link anyway but I will be making it look better soon. You can have a gander at that here.

Finally, we have reached over 1000 hits! This is a massive achievement for me! It may not be much compared to people who have hundreds of followers and get thousands of hits every week but watching those numbers slowly climb since January has been very exciting for me! I'd hoped to sort out a giveaway for when this happened but I'm still trying to sort that out. So, thanks so much to everyone who reads, any comments or feedback or suggestions would be very appreciated, we are always after contributors so if you fancy guest blogging about anything then get in touch!