Thursday, September 15, 2011

Review of Barry M Instant Nail Effects White Frost

When I was given the opportunity to review a nail varnish of my choice from FunkyDivaa, I jumped at the chance and immediately picked this nail varnish. I am a fan of Barry M nail varnishes and really loved the black crackle effect one, so I decided to try out the white.


£3.99 from FunkyDivaa.com


I really loved the effect that the black crackle effect had on my nails as I always thought it always made my nails stand out more and look a bit quirky. But I was eager to try the white version as I thought this would be a more versatile day-to-day look without being too over the top.

I was really glad with my decision as this nail varnish really did make my nails look all that better without being too over the top. I felt it was perfect to wear in the day. I experimented by painting my nails using my recently purchased pastel collection from Models Own and once my nails were dry, I painted over the top of them with the Instant Nail Effects. For those of you who have not used this type of nail varnish before, you simply paint it over an already coloured nail and wait for it to crackle which it will within seconds. Less then 10 seconds later you are left with a funky, one of a kind pattern. And it really does dry within those 10 seconds which is absolutely ideal.



I was really pleased with the final result. I felt the pastel colours used made it perfect for the summer, but the white frost addition meant it would also be ideal for the winter too. Although I tried it with five different colours (Top Turquoise, Lilac Dream, Lemon Meringue, Fuzzy Peach and Feeling Blue), it looked absolutely lovely the most with Lemon Meringue and Lilac Dream.


I would without a doubt recommend this product to anyone and if anyone already has the black effects then I would suggest the white effects too! It dries quickly, it transforms any nail and looks great with any colour and as a bonus its cheap and affordable.


You can buy Barry M Instant Nail Effects in White Frost from FunkyDivaa.com and you can also use the discount code LOUISE15 at check out to get 15% off of your order!