Friday, September 30, 2011

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Colorbar I-Glide Pencils

I have been really lazy lately, so much so that I have been shelving writing a post about Colorbar's I-glide pencils, can you even imagine that? I-Glide pencils are like these highly respected pencils in the beauty blogosphere, so much so that no Indian beauty blog is complete without at least one post on these pencils, be it a review or even a swatch post. And I had the audacity to actually completely ignore posting about these pencils!!! LOL! But yesterday when my co-sister got me two more of these I-Glide pencils, I knew it was high time I wrote a post about these miracles.
Now if you have been regular on beauty blogs especially the Indian sites, you will have already known that Colorbar has come out with four new shades in these pencils and well don't we beauties just love options? The more the better isn't it? :)
So anyways, the I-Glide pencils that I now own are:
1. Silver Hue 001
2. Prunella 005
3. Flirty Turquoise 007 (new)
4. Coal Mine 009 (new)
There isn't much inroduction that these pencils need. They are super fabulous pencil eye liners that are smudge proof, very smooth and offer very good pigmentation. Anything that I say will be less :)
These pencils are essentially for the upper lashline and I would not recommend using them as a "kajal" on the waterline as they burn and cause irritation if it touches the inside of the eye, but they are perfectly safe for the lashline on the upper lids.
Image of the Product
Flirty Turquoise, Coal Mine, Silver Hue, Prunella

Colorbar I-Glide Pencils
Colorbar I-Glide Pencils
Swatches
Flirty Turquoise, Coal Mine, Silver Hue, Prunella
Oooohhss and Aaaahhhss!
1. Highly Pigmented
2. Smudge-proof and does not budge till you really don't want to wash it off with your make-up remover.
3. Does not cause any allergies or reactions.
4. Very creamy and glides on smoothly
5. It is water-proof so crying with these on isn't really an issue!
6. Even though it is in pencil form, it is not made out of wood (I hate wooden eye pencils!). It is made out of some kind of fibre, which doesn't spill gritts in the eyes and also sharpen smoothly.
7. Staying power is really high.
Ouches!
1. It gets blunt pretty fast and needs to be sharpened often, which leads to a lot of product wastage.
2. The price is on the higher side.
Price
They cost INR 325/- now but will be incresed to INR 395/- from 1st October 2011.
Repurchase?
Yes definitely!
Would I Recommend?
This is one pencil that is a must in every girl's vanity case as they are very practical pencils that come in a variety of jewelled shades!
Overall Rating
9/10