Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Eye Make-up for Diwali: Golden & Blue Look

With Diwali just a couple of days away, we are all gearing up to look our best for the festival of lights. New clothes, new make-up… It's like you are in paradise :D

The first look that I have tried out for this Diwali look series is a blue and golden eye makeup look.
Close up of the eye

closed eyes


The products that I have used for this are:
1. L'Oreal Paris ColorAppeal Trio Pro eye shadow: Azur Blonde
2. maXfactor kajal: black
3. ELF liquid eyeliner: black
4. Oriflame Air soft Powder
5. Revlon Waterproof Mascara

L'Oreal Color Appeal Trio Pro: Azur Blonde

The steps are as follows:
1. First, I prepared the base of my eye makeup by dusting some Oriflame Air Soft powder over my lids and also under my eyes. This will delay creasing due to oily lids.
2. Next, I apply the golden shade of shadow over the whole of my lids.
3. Then, taking the midnight blue shadow, I blended it with the golden shadow on the outer 2/3 of my lids. Blending is important here as it will give a finished and a smokey appearance.
4. Then using an angled liner brush and dipping it in the midnight blue shadow I lined 3/4 of my crease.
5. Next, I applied kajal in my lower water line and lined my upper lash line with the liquid liner.
6. Finally, I coated my lashes with mascara and VOILA… :D

P.S. For a more dressy look, you might want to use the highlighter in the trio on your brow bone.
Also, instead of a black liner, you may use a dark blue liner as well for a more FUNKY look :)