Thursday, November 11, 2010

REVIEW: Lakme 9 to 5 Intense Shine Eyeliner in Green


I don’t know if I have ever mentioned this before but I am a huge make-up addict. The OTTness has just recently surfaced but you see these things don’t happen just suddenly or so I believe and hence, I know that this addiction has been brewing up since a long long time now, just waiting to rear its Er… pretty head and make its presence felt. You see, it isn’t that I buy whatever I need, its just that I simply buy what I want :P Like I said I am addicted.

So anyways, while I was on one of my these shopping binges, I went to the Lakme counter (Er.. Yes Lakme) in order to check out the new Gypsy collection. I had heard so much about it that I had to had to check it out… So there I was at Mumbai’s Health & Glow browsing through the eye shadow quads that are a part of the much famed Gypsy Collection. Not happy with anything I was just doing a glance over of the counter, when my eyes caught this cute little thing…

Yes Yes! It is the Lakme 9 to 5 Intense Eyeliner in GREEN!!! Yes! Jewel green! One swatch on my hand and I was floored… I fell in love…


Lakme 9 to 5 Intense Shine eyeliner
What the site says:
Create smoldering eyes in just one stroke with this color intense lustrous eyeliner that stays true for hours.  
  • Step 1
    Line your eyes in one single stroke on the upper lid from the inner side of the eye to the outer side. Let it dry.
  • Step 2
    Line your lower lid from the outer edge, tapering to the inner corner of the eye.

My personal experience
Like I said earlier I was floored with the swatch itself because of the gorgeous shade of green it had!
But seriously and practically? Well the bottle is sleek and portable… Can be carried around in your vanity/pouch/purse very easily. The applicator brush that it has is extremely convenient to use and gives precision to your line.

swatch
The shade of green that it has is metallic or you could say jeweled since it has some subtle glitter which isn’t OTT or tacky at all. It is pretty long staying and is odorless.
In short it is a good purchase and I do plan to purchase another when this one gets over :)