Sunday, November 14, 2010

REVIEW: ORIFLAME Visions Soul Mates Eye Shadow Duo

I have been always a loyal fan of Oriflame and have always loved their creams and perfumes. The fragrances that they offer in perfumes as well as creams are the best I have ever come across... Anyways, just recently I have started using their eye shadows and I haven't been let down as yet :D

Today I shall be reviewing Oriflame Visions Soul Mates Eye Shadow Duo, which is a request from one of my lovely blogger friend Bulbul... She had asked me to review these eye shadows in one of her comments for my post on Purple Smokey eyes Look ...

So here goes...
Today I'll be reviewing shades in Romeo and Juliet and Adam and Eve...
Oriflame Visions Soul Mates Eye Shadow Duo

Adam & Eve: Green and Blue
Romeo & Juliet: Beige and Green

PACKAGING
I like the cute packaging in transparent acrylic with silver lettering saying "Visions Soul Mates Eye Shadow". It has a flip top and the embossed design on the shadow is also extremely cute and attractive. The container is extremely sleek and look like discs. They can be carried around in one's handbag/purse very easily and conveniently. The container is pretty sturdy too :)

COLOR
I love all the colors that Oriflame offers in this range of eye shadows. They are all highly pigmented and are pretty long stay. They have very tiny shimmery particles in them, that enhances the make-up and doesn't look tacky at all. The colors can easily be blended and they feel really soft.
The best part about them is that they have negligible fall out and I am comparing this to REVLON's Color Appeal Trio Pro and L'Oreal's Kohl Mineral Eye Liner.

The swatches of the colors are as follows:

Swatches: Soul Mates Eye Shadow

The 2 colors on the left side in beige and brown are ROMEO & JULIET
The dark green color and the sky blue one are ADAM & EVE

The other two colors in purple and parrot green are from a different type of palette and shall be reviewing it soon :)

PRICE
Each duo costs Rs.198/- and I find them worth every rupee.

In order to demonstrate the pigmentation of these colors, I have a done a green smokey eye look... The link for it is here: http://makeupandbeauty.com/black-green-eye-makeup-tutorial/

Let me summarize now...

PROs
  • Highly pigmented
  • Great colors in this range
  • Cute yet sturdy packaging
  • Portable 
  • Odorless (its a plus for me!)
  • Smooth and light texture
  • Negligible fall out
  • Reasonable
CONs
  • Not available in matte colors