Monday, December 31, 2012

My 2012

There's so much I could say about 2012 but over all it was a pretty great year. Rather then rambling on about what made it so awesome, I'm just going to keep this post quite simple.

I've put together a random collection of some of my favourite photos - and some just randomly picked - from this year - unfortunately, I'd be here forever if I used EVERY photo that represented a good memory from 2012! And also I only had my iPhone from summer time so obviously not many pictures from Egypt and Paris are included!



I've seen quite a few of my friends doing an end of year quiz and as a self confessed quiz addict, I thought what better way to round up the year than by answering a few questions?

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Quite a few things actually! I rode a camel, I tried paintballing and snowboarding, I met one of my idols..I can't remember what else but looking back it was definitely a year of firsts!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't tend to make 'specific' resolutions but the ones I do make I usually repeat every year. Generally it's just to enjoy my life a bit more - say yes more than I say no, take new chances, be more healthy, write in my diary every day etc. I did all of these - I tried lots of new stuff, I started saying yes to a lot of things again even when I wanted to say no, I started running and swimming. I didn't write in my diary every day though. Generally my resolutions are the same this year, I'd like to travel more too, most specifically to America. I'd also like to finish and publish my book this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle Peter passed a few months ago and whilst I wasn't particularly close to him, obviously that was sad.

5. What places did you visit?
Paris, Bruges, Egypt.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A rockstar boyfriend please! Other than that, not much. Perhaps a job more related to my degree and my own car.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Well obviously all the times I've travelled, the night in Egypt that we went star-gazing is something I'll definitely always remember, just because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Meeting The Maine and John Ohh will remain etched in my memory because I'm a huge fan, he's my idol and also because he's very sexy and I got a kiss from him. I'll remember the great nights out I've had too probably! Also the day I went to The Only Way Is Blogging - my first ever blogging event - and met the lovely Becky, Lisa and Kirstie. Becky and Lisa, who live local, have gone on to become great friends of mine :) And I'll definitely remember the night me and Amy first went out drinking together as we weren't very close before that but that night was probably the beginning of our much closer friendship and after that we went out all the time!

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Hmmm. Trying snowboarding, as it's something I've always wanted to try. Helping relaunch London.com. Finally going back up north as it was something me and the girls had always said we'd do but never got around to. Passing my provisional test.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm that's a tough one. I tend not to have many regrets.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
If you can count falling down the stairs drunk and spraining my ankle then yes.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm. Gig tickets?!

12. Who's behaviour merited celebration?
Amy, I think. She became a fantastic friend this year - someone I can always rely on - despite going through personal stuff herself.

13. Who's behavour made you appaled and depressed?
Generally not many people because I tend to ignore things and let people get on with it. I think the only thing I can apply to this question was when I had some trouble via Twitter earlier this year when some of an ex boyfriend's friends tended to go a bit far with accusations and such. Although it's something I've become accoustomed to, I guess that was one thing that really appaled me because it was so public and I use Twitter a lot to network and stuff. However, I learned my lesson and again chose to just ignore it, it taught me to just let people get on with things and understand that it rubs off worse on them then it does on me. Other than that no one's behaviour has really appaled me!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Driving lessons/music/clothes/nights out/traveling

15. What did you get really excited about?
So, so much. I think if I were to ask anyone though Amy would probably say the gig as I texted her constantly on a daily basis telling her my step by step plan to get a date with John Ohh, and my Facebook was flooded with topless images of him, ha!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
I can't pick just one so...

The Maine - Into Your Arms
The Maine - While Listening To Rock & Roll
This Century - Sound Of Fire
Wiley - Heatwave
Knife Party - Internet Friends
Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up

17. Compared to this time last year, are you :
a. happier or sadder? Definitely happier, last year I went through a lot of changes and it was tough on me - although in the end I was really happy with how things turned out - this year has been great
b. thinner or fatter? Thinner. Not by a massive amount, but I've toned up a little which I'm pleased about.
c. richer or poorer? Richer. So much richer compared to how skint I was as a teenager ha! In fact I'm probably still skint to most people, but compared to before...

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I went to more gigs, but kind of discovering my love for them again this year was just right.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I don't wish I had less nights out, but I do wish we'd varied them a bit or left some time between each. At some points I've gone out every single weekend and although each night has been fine, some of them have just been average and left me thinking that I've wasted too much money just to dance to the same old songs with the same old people. I.e where most nights have left me with great memories, I've just thought some of them that didn't weren't necessary.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, but mainly working. Oh the woe's of growing up...

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
If you can count with music then yes ha.

22. What was your favourite TV program?
The Office US or The Walking Dead.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
I don't really hate people. I severely dislike people - within reason - but that's it ha.

24. What was the best book you read?
Johnny Be Good or Warm Bodies.

25. What music did you get excited about?
The Maine, duh. I felt like a teenager again to be honest, back when you first hear a band and it just consumes you and you can't listen to anything else.

26. What did you want and get?
I don't know? I didn't actively want anything ha.

27. What did you want and not get?
See above.

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Oh god, I don't even know. Don't get me started, I could never pick just one.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 (I'm getting so old!). I spent some of it in London with my sister the week prior, and on the night before/aka me turning 23 after 12, I had a night out with some friends. On the actual day I had family and friends round for food and then went to the pub.

30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Passing my driving test maybe.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Oh definitely going back to old roots! Getting back into rock music again led me to seek out my old favourite skinny fit jeans and alternative clothes, but with a more sophisticated edge. Also I've become obsessed with denim thanks to my favourite rockstar.

32. What kept you sane?
Music. Even when feeling completely lost, music helped me through it.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
....John O'Callaghan in case you didn't already know by now. I also got pretty big crushes on Cameron Leahy of The Downtown Fiction and Dougie Poynter again ha.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really have an interest in politics.

35. Whom did you miss?
I haven't seen much of my brother this year, I miss him.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh wow, that's tough. I'd say Bex, Lisa, Luke or Alex all for various different reasons. I've met a great few people through work as well.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
'If it's meant to be, it will be'.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can I quote two?!

'Don't stop listening to rock & roll'
and
'If we're lost, at least it's together'

I hope you all have a lovely time celebrating NYE whatever you're doing and that 2013 is a good year for you! Just remember though, every year has it's ups and downs and if you survived 2012 (including the supposed end of the world) then you sure as hell can survive 2013!