Monday, December 17, 2012

Review of Wanderlust Candle - New York from Amara

I was recently contacted by the team behind luxury online boutique Amara.co.uk and was offered the opportunity to review one of their many gorgeous themed candles. I was really pleased because I'm forever buying new candles for my room - my room is pretty much my sanctuary filled with everything I love so it's always nice to have a delicious smelling candle or two burning to help relax me. I particularly love having one burning in the evenings when I blog as it helps get me into a more relaxed mood.

First of all I checked out the website and immediately fell in love with the boutique. Amara is like a quirky and more luxury version of IKEA come Not On The Highstreet in my eyes - everything is very upper class and glamourous, but it's all affordable and I also found loads of different quirky hidden gems whilst shopping around the website. It definitely the type of website I could end up spending loads of hours on, buying loads of Christmas presents for my friends and family. I like it because it suggests everything is just that little bit more glamourous - as in if you purchased a gift from here for someone than that someone must be really special to deserve something just that bit more luxurious. It's mostly home accessories and gifts but I love how you can shop by room and I especially love the Christmas gift guide section - it's all so lovely and seasonal. Among the website you'll find labels such as Ralph Lauren and Ted Baker so it's got a lovely mix of higher end stuff as well as cheaper stuff too.

I was offered the chance to review one of their many candles (what a collection!) and immediately the collection of Wanderlust Candle's caught my eye. Firstly because I just love the word Wanderlust and the definition behind it and secondly because I've definitely caught the travel bug lately. There were four to choose from - London, New York, Paris and Rome. I chose New York because it's somewhere I've always wanted to go to and plan to visit next summer and I couldn't wait until it arrived. When it did, it was beautifully packaged and as soon as I lit it the smell just washed over me - it had a really nice scent! I didn't know if it actually smelt of New York or not as I've never been, but I did love the idea that the scent was supposed to represent the city, so it's nice to know that if I left it burning and closed my eyes I could probably imagine myself there! At £21.00 it's well worth the price as I received it about a week ago and have had it burning pretty much every night since and it's still got loads of um burn left in it (if that's the right way to describe what I mean!). It has a gorgeous Vanilla and fruity scent and additionally it's really pretty too!


I've definitely been thinking about purchasing a few of these candles as gifts for friends and family and there are also quite a few things I've spotted on the website that I think would be great for certain people! 

The last date to order in time for Christmas delivery from Amara is before 3pm on the 21st December.