Monday, April 22, 2013

#LDNBB Meet

On Monday I headed into London for the #LDNBB meet, a London based bloggers meet up that I'm sure you've all already heard about. The event was arranged by Sophia, Lisa and Sophie. I've been hearing all about the event for months so I was so excited when the day rolled around. I couldn't wait to meet Lisa and Bex again, as well as meeting new bloggers.

I almost didn't make it after catching the flu from my parents over the weekend! I woke up feeling horrible on Monday much to my dismay, but after sleeping it off for a few hours I awoke to find myself still feeling stuffy and bunged up, but thankfully with no pounding headache and not as weak. So I stocked up on paracetamol and headed into London, determined to see Lisa and Bex and attend the event. I'm so glad I did because I had a fab time!

I met everyone outside of Selfridges where I had a chat with some other lovely blogging ladies. It was all so weird seeing people you kind of sort of knew via Twitter, but you weren't 100% sure if it was them or not. Still, it was fun! The little mooch around Selfridges was kind of lost on me because I was far too skint to afford anything in there, but we all had a laugh anyway.

Then 30 of us headed onto the evening event which was being held at the She Said Beauty offices/HQ. After a slight mishap with the taxi's, we all arrived safe and sound and were ussured in to a massive room with lots going on. The first thing I noticed was the giant ping pong table! I swore I'd have a go at some point through the night. The lovely team at She Said Beauty had some yummy cupcakes and crisps out for us to munch on and also offered unlimted top ups of champagne (possibly one of my favourite parts of the night!). Also at the event were lots of fab beauty teams to pamper us!

HD Brows station
They were all very lovely and made us feel extremely pampared. I absolutely loved my Filthy Gorgeous nails and had a lovely chat with one of the ladies about how a lot of their inspiration comes from music, as do my outfits sometimes! HD Brows made my normally fair eyebrows look amazing and much more defined, and the lady told me all about how to use their kits to create this effect regularly. The Millie Mackintosh eyelashes were hands down gorgeous - there are eight different types to choose from, each named after differerent places in London which I love. I picked Portobello for an everyday look, but definitely had my eye on Shoreditch or Soho for something to wear in the evening. Finally, Illamasqua were offering us all makeovers but their amazing speckled effect eyeliner seemed to be a massive hit for the night which I just had to get done!


All in all it was a really great day. It was a lot more laid back then the blogging meet up I went to last year, as that one was more about networking and learning how to improve your blog. This meet was just an excuse for loads of lovely ladies to meet up, have a chat and a giggle and be pampered a lot! It was definitely something I'd consider as the highlights of blogging as I got to meet so many lovely people and of course the pampering and freebies were a great perk too. A massive thanks to Sophia, Lisa and Sophie for arranging such a fab and fun day - I've no doubt it was very stressful to arrange but the effort put in really showed. Also a big thank you to She Said Beauty for letting us desend havoc upon their offices/HQ for the evening, and all the awesome brands that made us look and feel very pretty.

Argh my fringe haha! Lisa, Bex and myself. Photo credit to She Said Beauty
Lisa, Bex, Charli, myself and Tanya having a bit of a pose! Photo credit goes to Tanya!