Friday, April 12, 2013

The Music Tag

As soon as I spotted this post on Makeup Pixies blog, I knew I had to take part. Just a little light hearted post today considering I'm still a tad hungover from a gig I went to last night ;)

What’s your favourite type of music?

It always has been and always will be rock music. I'd probably say 'soft rock' mostly or 'punk rock' but I listen to a real mix of different rock bands from Bowling For Soup who are upbeat and very humourous, to more heavy bands with a bit of screamo thrown in like Pierce The Veil or Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I also like most other music depending on my mood like clubbing/chart music, rap music and even a bit of country lately!

What's your least favourite type of music?
Probably full on screamo. I don't mind songs that have a little screamo music or songs that are a mix between singing and screamo, in fact some of my favourite bands do this, but death metal or songs where it's just lyrics being screamed constantly is a bit too much for me. I'd say I dislike grime music a lot too BUT it's acceptable now and then on a night out to dance to.

What’s the best gig you’ve been to?
That's a tough one because I've been to so many over the years! I'd say maybe the first time I ever saw Bowling For Soup because it was my first ever rock gig so it was a real experience to me and we also got to meet them afterwards. I also saw the Towers of London once and that was actually a great gig too. When they were around they were very similar to The Sex Pistols and their gig was just really raw and out there, with the lead singer even spitting water at the crowd. But the atmosphere was beyond amazing and it was in a tiny venue so we were all tightly packed and just moving and moshing so close together - it was really good. Two other gigs I also loved were The Maine because I think since the short time since I've discovered their music they've become such a meaningul band to me, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus because it was just a great night. They were awesome but it was also a great atmosphere, I went with great people and I got to interview them.

What albums are you listening to at the moment?

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll is on repeat at the moment (you can stream it free on their website!) and I love it. I'd completely forgotten how amazing they are and it's only now that they're back that I've realized just how much I've missed them. I've also been listening to a lot of Landon Pigg recently and The Maine, but not one of their albums in particular, just a mix of all of them.


What's your favourite bands/artists & favourite albums?

My favourite bands of all time are The Maine, Bowling For Soup, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Plain White Ts, Fall Out Boy, The All American Rejects, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, MC Lars, Boys Like Girls, The Downtown Fiction & Youmeatsix but the list is honestly endless.


If you could instantly know how to play any instrument, what would it be?

The guitar most definitely, though I'd also love to learn how to play the drums. My sister was taking lessons once and taught me a little on her old drum kit and I picked it up really quickly!