Friday, April 5, 2013

Summer please come soon



This cold weather has got me tucked up warm in bed trawling through various different pins on pinterest. I always say winter is my favourite season - and despite always being cold, it is - but I've always had a soft spot for summer. When I was younger me and my friends used to walk up to the local Tescos and buy sandwhiches and huge bottles of cherryade before going for a walk up the downs - these huge hills that overlook all of Dunstable - and just laze out in the sun. We'd chill out at the very top before exploring the different trails at the bottom of the hills. It's my favourite summer memory alongside the many days and evenings spent in my back garden hosting BBQ's or just grabbing a picnic blanket and sunbathing in the sun. Looking through these pins has definitely got me tempted to throw a garden party/outdoor movie party this summer. I love everything about the idea - ultra comfy cushions and blankets laid out on the ground, huge rustic bowls filled with mouthwatering butter popcorn, magical tealights dotted around the garden or hanging from the trees and finally, a good movie and even better company. It sounds absolutely ideal.

I don't know what it is either but something about these pins just make me want to up and move to America for the summer, where I know for a fine fact outdoor activities like this are partcipated in on a regular basis. Oh to have a gorgeous huge garden with large looming trees obstructing the beautiful skyline.

England might not be quite on par with America when it comes to the weather, but I can promise you that as soon as we start seeing some sun, I'll be throwing some amazing outdoor parties and movie nights.


All images on this page have been taken from my Pinterest account. You can view the board here.