Thursday, June 27, 2013

BLOGGER EVENT // BEAUTY BLOGGER TEA PARTY WITH AQUA PR, SRANROM & AJALA SPA

This week I had the opportunity to attend which was technically my first ever proper bloggers event. I'm not a 'big' blogger, and haven't really attended any 'official' blogging events apart from blogger arranged meet ups and things like that so I was really surprised and excited to hear from the lovely Aqua PR inviting me to a beauty blogger tea party. Luckily for me, one of my best blogging buddies Lisa also bagged herself an invite, so we headed into London together and found ourselves at the stunning and beautiful St Paul's Grange Hotel, eager to meet everyone.

Myself & Lisa and the view from the hotel from the top floor (when we tried to leave we accidentally ended up on the top floor with a bunch of smart old business men who stank of alcohol, they were dead friendly though to be fair)

After Lisa reminisced about the time she'd been there for a hen do, and amazed me by telling me that there was a night club in the basement, we headed up to the glass balcony to say hello to everyone. Once everyone arrived we were split into two smaller groups then given a tour of the Ajala Spa. As soon as I walked in, the tranquil atmosphere immediately hit me. The spa had an amazing relaxing atmosphere paired with mocha, brown and cream coloured deco with various plants dotted around, all adding up to a really soothing surrounding. I've never been to a spa before but I was surprised at how relaxed I felt just walking around without even receiving any treatments, which I suppose is the sign of a good spa!


The Ajala Spa boasts five treatment rooms,  sauna, steam and aromatherapy rooms, a sun therapy lounge (we commented that this was definitely needed with our lack of a summer this year!), an 18m long pool and even a gym. I was surprised at how big the spa was considering it was tucked away in the hotel, but at the same time I think it was the perfect size to feel very intimate and exclusive without being too overbearing.

After our tour we re-joined the others for a beyond delicious afternoon tea, complete with finger sandwiches and scones. It was all so yummy! It was great because the event was very exclusive so there were only a few of us which meant we had lots of opportunities to chat away and network. We chatted about how expensive it is setting up new beauty brands and how so many brands are choosing to collaborate with bloggers, how polite we are being English and how rarely we complain when something is wrong, and of course, a long chat about all the different treatments the spa offers and all the lovely Sranrom products. There were some Sranrom products laid out on the table for us to try (as well as some to take home in our goodie bag!) and the products were so lovely. I tried products from the Happy Moments range and each had a really relaxing scent and left my hands feeling so soft. I will of course review my goodie bag products in a proper blog post soon!

Once we thanked everyone for such a lovely day and left, we still had an hour or so to spare and the weather was nice so me and Lisa decided to explore a little around St Paul's Cathedral, which I'd never actually seen before. It was beautiful! We then grabbed a Starbucks (a Very Berry Hisbiscus Starbuks Refreshers Beverage for me! Phew, what a mouthful, I'll have you know that when I ordered I simply pointed at Lisa and said 'Whatever she ordered. But the berry one.') and sat on St Paul's steps catching up before heading home. We also made time to take a couple of cheeky outfit photos, so keep an eye out for an outfit post, a review of my Sranrom products and also a post about the Hammam Ritual I've booked myself in for soon.

I had an amazing day so I'd like to give a massive thank you to Aqua PR and everybody on the day that made the event so much fun. It was lovely learning more about the treatments that the Ajala Spa offers, as well as chatting to some lovely ladies about the other side of beauty brands that, as bloggers, we don't really hear about regularly. If anyone likes the look of the spa as well I would more than recommend it. We felt extremely welcomed whilst we were there and left feeling beyond relaxed even though we hadn't even had a treatment.