Sunday, June 23, 2013

PERSONAL POST // SUNDAY CATCH UP

I haven't really blogged a lot this week because in between working and spending time with friends and family, I've had an old friend come to visit! My friend Jo was one of my best friends at university (she still is a best friend really) and we have so many great memories together. Some that come to mind would be when we got on a bouncy castle drunk and ended up headbutting each other, the fact that for the first few weeks that I knew her I was convinced her name was Claire and our themed birthday nights out as her birthday is the day after mine!

I don't get to see Jo and my other friend from university, Becky, too often due to distance. The last time I saw them both was last summer. Jo is a dancer and had an audition in my hometown this week and another in London so she came to stay for a couple of days. It was a lot of fun seeing her and catching up with everything.

Anyway, in a rare Sunday catch up post, here are some random photos showing what I've been up to recently, including the adventures I've been on with Jo.



Soooo let's begin with last weekend. Last weekend was 'Party in the Park', an all day outdoor event that takes place in Dunstable. We first went last year and it was such a good day that we couldn't wait to go again this year - there's a pop up bar and BBQ and lots of bands on. It turns out on Saturday it wasn't actually THE party in the park (that's next month apparently) but something similar with 80s bands. Like last year, I headed down with my parents and Amy joined us. I planned not to drink at all really (the amount of regrets I have from last year's event..) but somehow this didn't quite happen. Within an hour, me and Amy were drunkenly stumbling around Asda, clutching a large bottle of Vodka, in the search for a straw to mix our drinks. After asking 5 different members of staff, we ended up having to buy a pack of £500 straws. Oh dear. The day provided lots of jokes though, we all had a laugh, and ended up out afterwards too. We met the mayor as well!




The following day was fathers day and my dads birthday so we all went to play golf. It was a lot more fun than I expected! I was better then I expected, but I also totally sucked and came last. Afterwards we went on a lovely long countryside walk before going for a lovely Sunday dinner in a pub. On the way back though, it began to rain and I was feeling both sick and hungover, hence me pulling a face in the bottom left photo on that long half hour walk.

Finally, here are some photos of what we got up to when Jo arrived. In a feeble attempt to show her a good time in merry old Luton, we went for a meal during the week then I introduced her to some of my friends and just chilled out. On Tuesday she had an audition at the pineapple dance studios in London (check her out!) so as the weather was nice, I popped down to London with her. Whilst she was in the audition, I explored the extremely odd/morbid Old Operating Theatre and then afterwards we took a stroll around Camden. It was a lovely day and it was nice having a mooch around all the funky stalls. Afterwards, we grabbed some chinese and sat by the river gossiping about boys and chilling out.

Also, it was nice walking past The Electric Ballroom in Camden and pointing out to Jo the very spot where I met and kissed John O'Callaghan, and the Electric Ballroom also being the first time I saw The Maine live. I'm a geek, I know.

Watching...The Returned
Reading...The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne
Listening to...The Maine's Forever Halloween
Playing...The Simpsons Tapped Out
Smelling of...Harajuki Lovers Fragrance - Lil' Angel
Perving on...John O'Callaghan (as always)
Loving...Camden! I can't wait to go back...


This week, one song I cannot stop listening to is...


P.S Feel free to follow me on Instagram @Louise_Joy_ for more photos of what I get up to throughout the week!