Saturday, June 8, 2013

LOOK OF THE WEEK // YOU'RE MY UNDERCOVER LOVER, YOU GET YOUR KICKS FOR FREE

So the Friday before last I got see Kids in Glass Houses! If you haven't heard of them, check them out. Some of their biggest hits include Gimme What I Want, Saturday and Matters At All. I've been a fan for years and years now so when me and my friends found out they were doing a gig locally, we booked tickets right away. It turns out it was actually their warm up show for Slamdunk which was pretty cool, it was a small venue and it was a really sweaty and intimate show with an awesome atmosphere.

Their set was nothing short of amazing. They played some of their biggest hits which just caused the whole crowed to cram forward and scream, shout and mosh out. They did a great Bruno Mars cover and it was just great to connect with everyone. At points I just turned to my side and grabbed a stranger and started screaming and singing along with them..it's just what music does to you. I didn't know them but for that gig and for that specific moment we had so much in common - our passion for music, our love for the band - it's just a real different way to connect that you only really get at gigs. The band preformed really well, for the first time seeing them I was very impressed. They really got into it, getting the crowd so involved and it was so obvious afterwards cause the lead singer was really sweaty ha! But it was great, they clearly loved what they were doing and I think because they're from Bristol and it was a smaller more local gig they probably had a bit of a soft spot for these types of gigs and I think that showed.

Anyway, here's what I wore.


I bought these leather shorts a few weeks ago in TK Maxx - they were on sale for £7.00 or something cheap like that. I've got to admit, at first I wasn't sure about them. I mean, they're leather shorts. And they're really short. And leather. I don't have the smallest of thighs and thought they were probably suited to someone who could pull them off a lot better. But then I tried them on and found they actually looked quite good! Then I realized I didn't care if I could 'pull them off' or not. As long as I thought I looked good and felt comfortable in them - which I did - then as far as I was concerned that was good enough. Besides, I love my legs.

Because the shorts were kind of the selling point of the outfit, I kept the top simple. It's actually quite casual/skimpy, I normally wear this top to bed in the summer because it's so thin and light but it went perfectly with these shorts. I think if it would have been white it would have looked a little boring but because it's cream with text on the front it's a lot more stylish.

I also piled on the usual accessories; my spiked Stella & Dot cluster bracelet, my random varied clustered bracelet from Republic, a few loose bangles and then this necklace I bought from Primark back when they were stocking lots of alternative jewellery.


The necklace is actually probably a bit too gothic and too much for the outfit but I thought it looked okay so I thought why not. I also had some random rings purchased from various places over the years.

For my makeup I piled on the eyeliner (of course) and created a slight cat eye winged effect with the eyeliner flicked a little at the ends of my eyes. Then I also wore my new favourite lipstick Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick in shade 260 Always Plum, which I've reviewed here. I love this lipstick because it's edgy and different, which is exactly the look I was going for on the night.



I really loved my outfit because I knew the leather shorts would be perfect for this type of gig. When I arrived a lot of younger people were actually quite dressed down, some girls had their hair thrown up in messy pony tails and were wearing hoodies! But I knew I'd chosen the right look because at the end of the night I was boiling and sweaty and there was no way I could have worn jeans or anything other then this outfit. I'm just waiting for another excuse to wear these shorts now! I think they're definitely one of my favourite buys of 2013.

After the gig we got to meet the lead singer, Aled Phillips. I won't put the picture up on here because admittedly I did look terrible, my hair was messy and my fringe was all over the place, but he was lovely. I don't remember too much because I was a tad tipsy by this point - oops - but I do remember the first thing I said to him was that he was very sweaty, haha! He gave me a hug and a kiss and signed my ticket.




What do you think of my outfit? Let me know in the comments below, I'd definitely love to hear your thoughts!



P.S Check out the Look Of The Week tag for a mooch at some of my other 'Look Of The Week' posts or please feel free to check out/give me a few votes on my LookBook - just click the image above!