Friday, June 15, 2012

HairColour App


I just had to do a quick post recommending this amazing App I recently downloaded. It's called 'Hair Colour' and is an app where you can colour your hair different colours to see what your hair would be like if you dyed it another colour. I personally love it as I'm never satisfied with my hair - I've been a number of different hair colours over the years and have dreamed about dying my hair different shades of purple and pink for a long time now. 

The problem is, when dying your hair a bright 'in your face' colour is that firstly, you don't know if where you work will allow it, but secondly, you have no idea if it will suit you or not. Life is all about trial and error and we've all made the mistake of dying our hair a colour that really doesn't look right (like when I dyed my hair jet black after a break up and it looked so bad it actually looked like a wig) but sometimes it's simply too much hassle to do this. Dying your hair takes a lot of effort and money unless you do it at home, but in the long run it just sucks to dye your hair and find out it looks silly. Sometimes you will have to pay a lot of money to get it back to normal at a hairdressers and often you have to put up with it for a while.

That's why I love this app! It looks really real as well, it doesn't look like the colour is just 'painted on' and the colours actually look like hair colours, not just the colour Red for example, if you get my point. Here's some colours I tried when playing around with it the other day (note I only did it quickly so at the bottom of the screen where my hair is divided I haven't bothered to do this properly and it looks a bit silly).

Who would've thought purple hair suited me?!
The App is FREE but offers only a limited selection of colours, unless you purchase the full version for something like £1.60 (definitely less than £2!) which I think is more than worth it! I've been looking for some form of app or website like this for a while now and I've got to say this is the best one I've seen.