Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


I've won another blog award! This is my 5th so far (sort of, I've won the Libster blog award before, but it's had a makeover so I'm counting it as a new award :D) so a big thank you to Christine from A Day In The Life - I'm so pleased!


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning ; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here are the rules
1. Each person most post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 Things about me
1. I really cannot stand soggy bread! I can eat soup or something like scrambled eggs on toast when the bread is soggy but if I see it soggy or can feel the texture in my mouth, I can't eat anymore
2. I'm not really a fan of the Big Bang Theory! I know it has a lot of fans and I can respect that it's a good show, but in my opinion I don't find it funny and find the characters annoying (cue loads of angry comments haha!)
3. My favourite show of all time is Scrubs. I own every episode on DVD and I love it because it has a bit of everything in it - it's got humour, drama, romance and more. I love JD so much and every episode has an important message behind it - I've learnt so many life lessons from this show and I'll never grow tired of it.
4. I'm the least girly woman you'll ever meet - for example last night I was flicking through TV and saw that Sex in the City was on TV. Within 5 seconds I'd instead put on a recorded episode of The Walking Dead (I don't even like SITC, don't kill me!). I'd choose a horror movie over a romcom any day and I love horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Left 4 Dead.
5. Although it will probably take a few years, I am currently (slowly) saving to take a year out travelling. 
6. Not that it's any surprise, but a musician is of course my dream man. Any guy that has that much passion is just perfection for me.
7. Although the weather is crap and generally the state of the country isn't ideal at the moment, I couldn't live anywhere other than England. It's always nice to go abroad but England has so many beautiful places, villages and countryside, plus London is amazing.
8. I'm in the middle of writing a novel!
9. I'm a strong believer in anything to do with the paranormal - ghosts, demons, UFOs - you name it, I believe in it/them. I love watching documentaries about them as well, and I love conspiracy theories.
10. When I was younger, me and my best friend had the biggest crushes on Tucker - the old TV show starring Eli Marienthal (who's character was called Tucker, we fancied him/his character, not the actual TV show which was also called Tucker), who skateboarded and fancied his next door neighbour. And I mean MASSIVE crushes, I distinctively remember one of us kissing the TV screen when he was on it. I won't reveal which one of us it was (I can't remember but I have a feeling we both did it!)
11. If you know what Geordie Shore is then you'll know the character Ricki. Me and my friends met him when he used to do promo work in Sunderland and was a topless model in Liquid one night. We have a photo of him and I remember him bumping into my friend and trying to get her to grope his bum. I also had him on Facebook.


11 Questions from Christine
1. What is your must have item in your closet?
Umm probably jeans, even though I now try my hardest to wear them as little as possible these days. It's always useful to have a really well fitted pair of jeans as they are quite versatile and can be dressed up or down.
2. Who is your favourite celeb?
Dougie Poynter (from Mcfly)! I just think as well as being extremely good looking, he's also an all round really nice guy. He's different, quirky and really cool, plus he's hilarious. When he was in I'm a Celebrity, I knew from the start he'd win because even though most of the public didn't know much about him, like I said, he's such a nice and funny down to earth person.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Being able to inspire people of course!
4. If you could redo anything in your life, what would it be?
Nothing! Everything happens for a reason and you always learn from past experiences.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York without a doubt. I do plan to live there one day, if even for a year.
6. What is your favourite band/artist?
It changes regularly. My favourite at the moment would have to be The Downtown Fiction, but bands like The All American Rejects, Good Charlotte and Blink 182 have also always been favourites. Bowling For Soup would be my ultimate favourite band I guess.
7. What was your favourite vacation?
Either time I went to France (Paris with my sister and Disneyland Paris with my parents), Egypt, or York.
8. Do you have any guilty pleasures and if so what are they?
DIY SOS...don't judge!
9. What's your favourite Britney Spears song? Yes, I'm really asking this.
I'm not a massive fan of Britney (don't kill me Christine!) but when I was younger I used to love Lucky. I adore Every time though. I'm also a tad amazing at Hit Me Baby One More Time on Just Dance...everyone loves a bit of Hit Me Baby One More Time!
10. What's your favourite reality show?
I don't really have one. I used to like TOWIE though when it had more of the original cast, and I was glued to the TV watching I'm a Celebrity every night when Dougie was in it.
11. What is your favourite hair style?
Um..I don't know. I love fishtail braids, curly hair pinned to the side and a choppy fringe with a just got out of bed hair do. 


11 Questions from me


1. Who is your ultimate guilty fantasy/embarrassing crush?
2. Who inspires you the most (a celeb or a person in your life)
3. If you could be stuck in a lift with any band, who would it be?
4. Zombies, ghosts or wear wolves?
5. What is your favourite time of the year?
6. Current favourite song?
7. Tell me a story about something embarrassing that has happened to you in the past
8. What's your favourite smell?
9. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Who was your first crush?
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?


11 Tags


1. Cheraldine @ I Be Cheraldine (I've known this girl almost my whole life!)
2. Kathy B @ I Am Kathy B
3. Lou @ Things I Am Thinking When I Am Not Speaking
4. Cat @ What Cat Says
5. Charlotte @ Charbuckss
6. Lisa @ Lisahh-Jayne
7. Sarah @ Knickers & Nail Polish
8. Emily @ Incurably Curious
9. Gemma @ Take A Chance
10. Etienne @ Etienne's Journal
11. Lauren @ Belle Du Brighton

Big apologies to if I've missed anyone! So many of my favourite blogs have over 200 followers, and some of my favourites didn't actually display their follower count - and I had to follow the rules I'm afraid :P


Thanks so much again Christine!