Thursday, December 2, 2010

LUSH Review: The Böög



















LUSH has brought out this new little number from their Christmas collection this year - it is a bath ballistic called The Böög. On the website it says The Böög was inspired by a Swiss tradition that involved building a snowman type figure, filling it's head with fireworks and placing it on top of a bonfire! They would then watch and wait for the fireworks to explode from his little head! Boom!



















I ran my warm bath and dropped the little fellow in under the tap! It instantly began fizzing (quite loudly!) and dissolving the main white outer layer...the smell was gorgeous! It smelt a lot like Jasmine to me although that isn't even one of the ingredients?! It's main ingredients are Armoise Oil, Myrrh Resinoid, Rosmary Oil and Clary Sage Oil.


Then came the exciting part! The 'fireworks'! As soon as the white part of the bath ballistic had dissolved, out came the fun, bright colours! It looked so pretty and the colours didn't merge together to create some yucky colour, they actually stay in there own little sections and happily fizzed away showing shades of pink, purple, yellow, orange, blue and green!


By this point the smell was just heavenly! It was so relaxing it almost made me feel slightly dozy! I just wanted to jump in and lay there all night...ahhh! The smell was quite herbal and fresh but it also had that rich warmth to it which probably came from the Myrrh (very Christmassy!) as that tends to have the smell of an amber-incense.


The so called 'fireworks' inside the ballistic (the little coloured balls) are actually tiny little LUSH bubble bars which makes the bath almost creamy feeling and extremely moisturising! They also create a few more bubbles than your ordinary bath ballistic.


Well by the time I had taken these photo's and lit a few candles, it was time for lights off and relax! I have been up fairly late most nights with my little monkey of a puppy and constantly running round after her through the day so it was lovely to have some 'me' time and just chill :)


I am so impressed with The Böög, I think I can even go as far as saying that it might be one of my new favourites! I deffinately am going to buy a couple more as they are limited edition for Christmas time and cost just £2.25. You can purchase it from LUSH stores or from the LUSH website, here: http://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas-2010/christmas-bath-ballistics/the_boogg_1553.html

Hope you enjoyed this post everyone! What is your favourite product from LUSH?

Love, Sara x