Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Phantom Hacker!

Yes people, we have an epidemic on our hands. There is a YouTube beauty guru hacker on the loose!

They are going by the name of 'Amanda Woods' and sending out various emails to different guru's trying to trick us in to entering in our personal information in to a fake YouTube log in page. 

I have personally recieved 2 emails now from 'Amanda Woods' telling me that someone had stolen all my videos and were uploading them to another YouTube channel. Naturally, I clicked the link to check it out and that's when I noticed the fake YouTube page asking me to log in and expose my password. Now I was fortunate enough to notice that certain aspect of this YouTube log in page weren't the real deal but other guru's such as Kandee Johnson and sccastaneda typed in their information thinking it was just a concerned subscriber trying to help them out,thus, revealing their YouTube account passwords, leaving the hacker to log in nice an easy...

They are sending emails from the address amandawoods42@gmail.com. Just incase you were wondering what the email looked like, I took a print screen of the one that they just sent me:

(Click on the image to make it bigger)


It seems the hacker is not about to stop either as I have just been speaking with DulceCandy87 and ItsJudyTime on Twitter and they have said they have both just received the same shoddy email. Also noticed a fair few other guru's sending out tweets about the situation. All I can say is that if you make video's on YouTube or have a popular blog that they are likely to target, do not click the link in the email. Simple.

That is all for now, just wanted to tell you about this silly little person trying to trick us in their little games. Well, no, we will conquer ;) muahahaa!
Sara x