Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains Swatches

After coming home from the MAC Blogger's event, I finally had a chance to play around with some of the products I purchased there. I could have gone crazy with this collection, there were lots of gorgeous pieces but I held back (somewhat) and came home with this lovely lot:

 

(In the packaging)


(Out of the packaging)

Now lets get in to the nitty-gritty and start swatching!


 

These are the two Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo's that came with the collection. I had to get both! Have you seen that gorrrgeous shimmer? These are perfect for this time of year too. The blue and green one is called 'She Who Dares' and the pink and purple on is called 'My Dark Magic'. These are amazing used wet! If you are going to apply them I'd recommend not blending them sooo much as it tends to blend away all the sparkly and leave you with a sad and lonely black eyeshadow.


 'She Who Dares'


'My Dark Magic'



The next bad boy is this Powder Blush. It is from The Evil Queen's section of the collection and is called 'Bite Of An Apple'. It comes in a Matte finish which I usually wouldn't pick but the colour is yummy. Its like a sherbet red-ish coral? Yes.
 
    


The next thing I got was from Cruella's line too and is a matte black eyeshadow called 'Carbon'. Its fairly self explanatory - everyone needs this one and I was running out of my other so needed another! :) 



 Next, a beauty powder. Again, from Malificent's line and is called 'Briar Rose'. I wasn't too sure about this one at first as it was pretty expensive and I had a thing in my head that told me 'beauty powders are sheer and pointless' but I was persuaded by Richie Nickel (tut tut!) to buy it. I haven't swatched this one as I might be returning it when the collection comes out in stores (tomorrow). But for now you can have a look at it - it is a lavender/plum/pink colour. Deffinately looks less pink in real life than it does in the photo.

Lipsticks: I got one given to me by MAC (the darker one) but I bought the other one myself. As you can see, one is from Malificent's line and the other, Cruella De Vil.



The red one is called 'Heartless' and the deeper colour is called 'Dark Deed'. You can kind of see from the swatches but 'Heartless' is much more opaque than 'Dark Deed' which is more of a glaze type finish. Both lovely colour's but I probably less likely to wear 'Dark Deed'. 'Heartless' is just stunning though, a real cherry red.


Onto my first ever Lip Gelee. This colour is a repromoted one but I didnt manage to get hold of it the first time and I really wanted it :( it is called 'Resort Life'.


Check out the shimmer in this! It is perfect! It almost makes your lips look a tad sci-fi with the amount of shimmer in it...but I love it. Smells like vanilla too! My favourite scent :) it's a nude creamy, gloss with sparkles of pink, lilac and blue - mmm! Two downfalls of this one:

1. Once the gloss wears off you are left with a tone of unnecessary glitter. 
2. It is very thick. So worth it though, the colour is beautiful.


And last but not least (get ready for the mouthful!) MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash in Blackest Black. 

 

I honestly think this mascara is great and I can't often find ones I like! I kind of want to do a separate post on this with pictures of it actually on my lashes and prove to you how awesome it is! We shall see. But for now, you can gaze at its wand. Long & thin? Hmmm, you may not think this give you much volume and only length? Wrongggg. You'll have both ;)


So that is it. My mammoth post is complete. Hope you enjoyed :) If you want to purchase anything from the Venomous Villains collection it is released at stores and counters tomorrow! Bye for now!

Sara x