Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oriflame, Lotus, FabIndia and maXfactor made my Day

Hola! This week has been extremely lucky for me and I have got to share my makeup haul with you guys! Like I said in my previous post I was out shopping with Sucharita for her wedding when I picked up a few goodies for myself as well… And as luck would have it just yesterday my Oriflame consultant delivered the products I had ordered for last month :P And then my sister who was in an awesome mood because of getting her first salary this month gifted me something. So all in all it has been a great week for me so far ;)
So, here I go! Lemme list it out for you…
  1. Lotus Color Dew Nail Enamel – 920 Rose Petal
  2. Lotus Lip Balm – Cherry flavor
  3. maXfactor KOHL Pencil – 020 Black
  4. FabIndia SeaBuckThorn Moisturizer
  5. Oriflame SunCare Photostable Sun Lotion- SPF10
  6. Oriflame Visions Quick Dry Nail Polish – Silver Pink, Crushed Damson
  7. Oriflame Visions Quick Dry Top Coat
  8. Oriflame Visions Soul Mates Eye Shadow – Adam & Eve
Phew! Now that was quite a Haul Huh? :D
I was trying the Lotus brand for the first time in my life and I was totally blown away by the nail paints! Are they awesome or what? The consistency of the polish was on the thinner side but with two coats I was totally ready to go! It’s my third day with the polish on and not a single chip as yet… And the polish is so glossy! My nails look fresh as ever. Since the day I bought it I have been gushing like a fool :)
And the bottle is so pretty and elegant looking!

The Lotus lip balm on the other hand was so-so. I mean nothing really special. It met my expectations but certainly didn’t exceed it!
The maXfactor kohl on the other hand has me all singing praises… It is truly smudge proof and very very long stay!
FabIndia’s SeaBuckThorn moisturizer comes in this very cute bottle with a pump and looks really pretty on the dresser. The moisturizer is soothing and I found the smell ok ok. A bit overpowering.. but fresh!
Oriflame’s SunCare Photostable Sun Lotion is something my skin loves especially in the winters. It gives medium protection from the Sun and is oily. Oily skinned people might not really like it!
Oriflame’s Visions Quick Dry nail polishes are good. Very reasonably priced and give good coverage and are fast drying. My only qualm is that they don’t offer a variety of good shades. A rainbow of colors is available in the more expensive range of the oriflame product family.
Finally, the Visions Soul mate eye shadow Duo… Honestly, this is the first time I will be trying it out and so you guys would need to wait for a review :)
I promise to give an in-depth review with price and pics of each product in my upcoming posts :)