Monday, October 4, 2010

The skin needs nourishment as well...

I came back from my trip to Mumbai all refreshed and rejuvenated. Of course I needed a break from all the daily routine here in Pune, but even my skin was pestering me for humid weather ;)
You see I have extremely dry skin and to top it off, I live in Pune, which has an extremely dry weather and so my short trips to Mumbai rejuvenate my skin and bring back the luster that the dry Pune weather robs my skin off. My skin loves Mumbai and Mumbai nourishes my skin as a favor ;) i totally love this relationship that my skin shares with this humid city :P

But you see with the advent of the Winter season, I needed to find a more permanent solution to this dry skin problem of mine. I needed to gift my skin something that could cajole it into liking dry weathered places as well. Thus, my quest began and I have zero-ed onto three of my fav products... And they are... Ta Da...
1. Garnier Skin Naturals' Body Cocoon Intense Moisture Lotion
2. Fab India's SeaBuckThorn Moisturizer
3. Virgin Olive Oil

My reviews for the products are as follows:

GARNIER SKIN NATURALS BODY COCOON INTENSE MOISTURE LOTION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one body lotion that I swear by. It has the perfect amount of oiliness and with a next to negligible odor, it has become my favorite and something that I use daily 365 days a year! But OILY SKIN people beware! It is highly greasy and will make your skin break out in no time. However, for dry skin it proves to be what an oasis is for a desert! It has an oily consistency and it leaves my skin smooth and supple. It provides complete nourishment to my skin.

PROS
1. Extreme moisturizing nourishment for dry skin.
2. Negligible fragrance, hence does not interfere with the smell of my perfume ;)
3. Comes in two sizes- 250 ml and 125 ml. 250 ml sits well on your dresser and the 125 ml bottle fits in your handbag :)
4. Dermatologically tested and hence no allergies!
5. Perfect as a face as well as a body lotion.
6. Very easily available in all general stores and medical stores.
7. Very affordable!

CONS
1. Not recommended for Oily Skin (but the you already knew that ;))

PRICE: Rs.145/- for 250 ml and Rs.89/- for 125 ml.


FAB INDIA's SEABUCKTHORN MOISTURIZER
--------------------------------------------------
My sister recently bought this moisturizer from her first salary and I have been since then singing it's praise! It smells yummy and the buttery consistency that it possesses quenches my skin's thirst. My skin feels soft and smooth after applying it and it has a yummy smell :) It has seabuckthorn oil, glycerine, almond oil and soyabean oil. No wonder it nourishes so well.

PROS
1. Yummy smell though strong!
2. Leaves my skin smooth and soft.
3. Comes in a cute "press-press" container.
4. No allergies reported so far ;)

CONS
1. The fragrance might just prove to be a tad bit overpowering.

PRICE: Rs.225/- for 100 ml.


OLIVE OIL
------------
I have been on the lookout for a body oil that I could use during the winters that could prevent my skin from cuts due to dryness. I have tried various options ranging from Jonhson's baby oil to coconut oil to Keo-Karpin's Vitamin E body oil. But nothing really helped until I got my hands on a jar of *** Olive Oil. Needless to say, I have found my elixir. Benefits of Olive Oil is all over the internet. From it's anti-aging properties to hair-loss prevention capabilities, Olive oil is a much favored oil.
I personally use Olive Oil to only moisturize my skin. It's benefits to the skin in uncountable and helps in the following:
1. Preventing/treating signs of aging like "crow's feet".
2. Treats stretch marks.
3. "Smoothens" and softens the skin making it supple and youthful.

PRICE: Rs.90/- for 100 ml.