Thursday, October 7, 2010

REVIEW: ORIFLAME Visions Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow



I have always been scared of foundations and hence have always steered clear of them. They scare me, they intimidate me and they totally make me want to run for my life! I am a sucker for natural looking skin and hence I could never get myself to put a mask on my face and go around town. But... yes there is a but ;) But there came a day when my friend who is a consultant with Oriflame showed me one of her catalogues. Oooooohhh... The yummy looking Visions Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow was on discount! and it looked so tempting and so so sinful in that catalogue that I just couldn't stop myself from buying it. Phew! and there went my resolution to be a smart make-up shopper out of the window!
Anyways, now that I had bought, I had to get it to some use. So, first I tried the traditional method of using it as a foundation all over my face and well I have to give in and tell you honestly that it was good! It was more than good. It felt light, did not have the powdery/matte effect that loads of foundations do and it gave an instant glow! I loved it! It blended really well into my skin and the glow it imparted did not look OTT and could be worn even to the office :D Yay!
But,,, yes there is that but again (no pun intended!), but like I told you before I totally dislike the feeling on something on my face and so the foundation effect made me not use it for a while. Aaaah! what a waste of a purely good and a competent foundation you'd say... and well yeah I felt the same and so I thought of a new way to use it :) LOL... Yeah I used it to tint my daily moisturizer i.e. my Garnier Body Cocoon, which I have already reviewed HERE.
Anyways, coming back to my stint with tint (awesome! I love the way it sounds), all I did was take a tiny circle of the foundation on my palm, put some regular glob of moisturizer mix it with rubbing both my palms together and applying it on my face and neck as usual. Dude! It was amazing! My moisturizer moisturized well, like it is supposed to and the foundation mixed in my lotion imparted that subtle glow and glitter to my face :) I simply loved the effect :)
Let's now discuss the pros and cons of this product.
PROS
1. It blends well.
2. Yummy subtle fruity lemony smell
3. Very good coverage
4. Imparts a very natural looking glow
5. It feels very light on the skin.
6. Affordable at Rs.249/-. Though I bought it at a discounted price of Rs.189/-. Yay! :D
CONS
1. A single shade. Dunno if it would match all complexions!

You guys must try it out ;)