Monday, October 25, 2010

Skin Care for Winters: Part II

In the part I of my Winter Skin Care post I spoke about how two of my fav body oils help me battle dry skin during the Winters. In this post of mine I would like to introduce you to my collection of Moisturizers and body lotions :) You see I am a moisturizer freak and I just keep hoarding them! I even ask my friends to gift me moisturizers when they are at a loss thinking about what to gift me ;) But there is a catch too. I am very picky bout my creams as well :P My skin is very dry and so very oily type of lotions suit me...

Anyways… So, as I was saying, my creams collection is this:



Lemme take you through my collection and tell you about each one of them :)

1. GARNIER FRUIT NATURALS BODY COCOON
This body lotion is my favorite of the lot and I just cannot live without it! I apply it on my face, neck, arms, legs.. my whole body in short :) The best part about it is that it is odorless and hence does not interfere with the fragrance I might be choosing for an occasion. It is extremely oily and really really takes very good care of my skin. I apply it any time of the day. It doesn't react against my skin, it is very soothing, very oily and very very pocket friendly :)

2. VASELINE COCOA BUTTER DEEP CONDITIONING BODY LOTION
This is another body lotion i swear by, and that is mostly because of its flavor/fragrance. The yummy cocoa fragrance helps me relax and pampers my inner senses. I generally use it as a body lotion after a hot bath before I go off to sleep. I treat myself to this "spa" generally when I am low and need some perking up. Else my nightly routine is oiling myself with Olive and Almond Oil. The delicious smell this body lotion has helps me sleep better and I am more fresh and relaxed in the morning. The texture is of course very soothing to dry skin (it's a Vaseline product!).

3. BATH & BODY WORKS BODY LOTION IN JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM
This lotion was a gift from my best friend when she went to the US for work. She got me this lotion and I have been hooked to this ever sense. The scent of cherry blossoms that this lotion imparts is to die for and I have always been complimented about it's fragrance whenever I have used it on me. It has a very feminine smell. The texture isn't very oily but is perfect for my hands and legs :) I simply love this lotion and I really cannot get enough of it! I dunno what I'll do when it gets over… I'll need to look as to where I can find it in India :(

4. FABINDIA SEABUCKTHORN BODY LOTION
This was a gift from my sister out of her first salary. It's FabIndia and that speaks for itself! The lotion is not very oily but I use with a few drops of Almond oil and it becomes perfect for me :) The smell of this lotion is pretty over powering but all my friends say that I smell yum whenever I apply it :)

5. BATH & BODY WORKS BODY LOTION in MOON LIGHT PATH
This lotion was a gift from another very close friend of mine from the US. It has a very very fresh fragrance to it and it instantly perks me up whenever I apply it. She also gifted me a body mist of the same smell and I obviously love the pair of it :) The consistency is certainly not oily and hence I keep it in my purse or in my car's glove compartment to give my hands an instant "spa". They are great for my hands and I simply love the way it leaves a fresh fragrance to anything I touch :)

6. ORIFLAME SUN CARE PHOTOSTABLE SUN LOTION
This is the only sunscreen I use or rather am allowed to use by my skin. Let me repeat, my skin is naturally very dry and hence I need a sunscreen that is not only high on SPF but also imparts an oiliness to my skin and thus this lotion became a favorite of mine! It's gives an extremely oily feeling to my skin but as such when you look at yourself in the mirror you don;t really seem to be dripping any oil ;) It doesn't have a very strong smell and rather the smell dies down as soon as you have finished applying it. I love it for this!

So, here was my description of my favorite creams and lotions. Next I want to add the Pond's tinted moisturizer to this list :)