Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vampire Halloween Makeup

So just in case you haven't seen the video already, the latest addition to my YouTube channel (SWalkerMakeup) was a Halloween tutorial showing everyone how to create the perfect spooky yet sexy, 'Vindictive Vampire' makeup look. If you are going to be dressing up this year then I would deffinately suggest you take a look at the video :) I am now going to include a few photographs so you can have a peek at the makeup up close. (Click on the images to enlarge them).


 This photo was taken without the blood dribbles and the one below is where I added them. Can you spot the little ghosty hanging up in the top left of this picture? Haha! Only just noticed that! I know I will probably get questions about the fangs in this photo so I'll just let you know that you can purchase those here.


And here we have some fresh blooood - spooky! As you can see the eyebrows were strong and structural, using a jet black eyeshadow (Carbon from MAC) and a thin angled brush (the 266 from MAC) to achieve the look.


In this photo you can see the contouring a little better. I used a matte grey eyeshadow from the 120 Palette's that you can get easily on Ebay. (Just search '120 eyeshadow palette' or something!). I wanted the cheeks to look grey and slightly gaunt to add to the whole deathly vampire theme.I then highlighted my cheekbones with a pigment from Illamasqua called Static. I lurrrve this pigment so much! (I also used it to highlight my brow bone).


For the skin I used Revlon's Colour Stay foundation in the shade 150 - Buff. It was then concealed with Studio Finish by MAC in the shade NW20 and set to a matte finish with ELF's High Definition Powder.


On the eyes I used Carbon from MAC on the lower portion of the lid (against the lash line), then a matte red eyeshadow in the socket line from the 120 Palette (blended right up to the brow highlight), followed by a dash of purple in between the black and the red. For the under the lower lashes I applied Smolder Eye Kohl by MAC (also in the water line and tight line) and blended it underneath. The lips where lined with the same black eyeliner and filled in with a red lip/eye liner from Barry M. Then I applied a red lipstick (Heartless from the new Venomous Villains collection at MAC) over the top giving a deep dark red/black shade.


 The look can be worn without the wig (as seen in the photo on the left) but I decided to add a jet black long wig (as seen in the photo on the right) with a pointed fringe to complete the look. The wig can be purchased by clicking here.

The next four photo's I think I just got a bit 'snap happy' on my PhotoBooth but hopefully you can enjoy them regardless :)





If you would like to watch my video on how to get this look just watch it below :)


Happy Halloween everyone!

Love, Sara x