Thursday, October 14, 2010

REVIEW: Lotus Color Dew Nail Enamel

As asked by Mehak (from PeachesNBlush), I am reviewing The Lotus Herbals Color Dew Nail Enamel in this post. Like I had said in my previous post this was the first time I was trying Lotus, so I was pretty skeptical and hence bought only one shade in 920-Rose Petal. Actually, I had been attracted by the nail polish bottle with its long and slender form that stood out from other brands in the store.

The bottle is really attractive and long. It has a long brush applicator, which actually makes the task of applying nail polish very simple 

The enamel as such has a very “liquidy” consistency and if you don’t remove the excess polish from the brush, it could just flow freely onto your fingers. But once you have managed to get the right amount on your brush, the enamel application becomes a dream… Even though it is quite thin in viscosity, two coats of the polish are enough for a smooth, glossy and a long lasting finish.

Now comes the part where I describe the part about how my nails look with the polish on. Well, honestly I haven’t seen such gloss on my nails ever before from any other nail enamel. The coverage is awesome and oh so glossy! I removed the nail paint from my nails after four days (cause I was preparing to review another polish) and there were no chips even then!!

Another important feature that totally bowled me over is that it was really really Quick Dry! By the time I finished painting my other hand the coat on the first hand was already dry!

Each bottle costs Rs.95/- and I must say that the enamel is worth every rupee.

Postives
Great coverage
Long Lasting
Very glossy
Quick drying
Reasonable at Rs.95/-
Didn’t make my nails yellow like Lakme does.
Love the bottle. It looks awesome on the dresser.
Long brush applicator makes it easier to apply.

Negatives
Lotus nail paints are not available easily at all stores. Only a few stock them 
Limited colors in the range

Will I buy another shade? Oh yes! I plan on buying all shades that are available :D (Greedy me!)