Thursday, July 11, 2013

LOOK OF THE WEEK // IT'S TIME TO SHAKE YOUR SKELETONS

Remember when I got invited to the beauty bloggers tea party at the Ajala Spa? Well here's what I wore to the event! I knew right away I wanted something quite stylish and sophisticated for my first ever proper blogging event, but as it was taking place in a spa I wanted something quite feminine too. Luckily for me, I have a very stylish older sister and remembered when I'd borrowed these clothes from her and worn them in Egypt last year. It isn't my usual type of look but I instantly loved how nice the whole outfit look put together and have since been on the look out for my own maxi skirt. A long maxi skirt is again something I never thought I'd be able to pull off!


Top; Primark // Skirt; Zara // Necklace; Unknown

I thought I'd struggle a little wearing the long skirt, especially as I'd be travelling into London by train so I'd be not only walking around but also stepping on and off the platform. I had this fear that the bottom of the skirt would get stuck in the tube door or something and the train would take off, ripping the skirt off me...alas I was fine, but I did have to hold the skirt up a few times.


It was a real lovely day though and nice and warm so for the most part, after the event me and Lisa just strolled around soaking up the sunshine so I think the outfit reflected our very relaxed day! I paired the outfit with gold sandles (and hot pink toenails!), loose bangles and the stunning gold leaf necklace (which is also my sisters). I think the only downside about this outfit is that I now have to give it all back to my sister :(

Still, I've got to admit, it was kind of nice dressing a bit more girly for the day and feeling far more sophisticated as usual!

What do you think? Do you think maxi skirts are easy to pull off, or perhaps it's a tad risky wearing a maxi skirt when using the tube? Let me know with a comment!



P.S Check out the Look Of The Week tag for a mooch at some of my other 'Look Of The Week' posts or please feel free to check out/give me a few votes on my LookBook - just click the image above!