Friday, November 25, 2011

LOTD & Tutorial: Eye Make-up to Match a Grey Dress

A few days back I did a post about matching or rather complementing our makeup with our outfit. Well in continuation to that post today I plan on doing an EOTD to match a grey dress. Of course if it would have been a look for a night out, I would have gone for a heavy smoky look but as I was interested in doing a look for a daytime event, I settled for a shimmery green look with a slight smoky effect to it. It looks something like this:
Soft Green-Grey Smoky Eye



The products I have used for this look are as follows:
1. NYX Eye shadow base
2. MAC Peacocky Collection Eye shadow in EGO
3. Coastal Scents 88 Original Eye shadow palette
4. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner
5. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara
6. Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in "Coral Crush"

The way to do it:
1. I first primed my eyes with the NYX eye shadow base.
2. Then I dabbed MAC eye shadow in EGO in a dab dab motion with a flat eye shadow brush
MAC Peacocky Collection: Eye shadow called EGO

3. Next, I took the matte taupe eye shadow from my coastal scents palette and using a Faces blending brush applied it to my crease area and blended well.
Coastal Scents Original 88 Palette
Using the matte Taupe eye shadow in the crease area
4. Finally, I lined my eyes with Maybelline Gel Eyeliner and applied mascara and lipstick...

The final look was this:

Hope you guys liked the makeup here :)

For the complete look including the dress and the footwear, visit isimplylovedressup.blogspot.com