Wednesday, November 30, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Rose

With everyone google searching for Lakme Absolute product reviews, it becomes really critical for us beauty bloggers who have indulged ourselves and gotten ourselves some products from this much acclaimed range of cosmetics and for those beauty bloggers who have been fortunate enough to have received samples of this range from the company PRs to post reviews and help the beauty blogging brethren :) So here I am doing my bit...
It all started when I had promised myself that I was not going to purchase anything from Lakme as I did not find their product quality up to the mark. Before the Absolute range, I owned only their fantasy range bronzer. So anyways, with their listicks ranging from nudes to mostly browns, I was always put off by the "mature" lip colors that they had to offer. But when they came up with their Absolute range, I couldn't but help myself from plunging into a mini haul and I must say that my apprehensions have been put to rest and I can easily claim that I am truly in deep admiration of the range.
Let me warn you guys that the products from this range havn't really hit the stores full throttle, rather they are trickling in, in twos and threes. For example at Pune Central's Lakme counter, I couldn't find the finishing powders and foundations. And neither could I find the nail paints... I could go through only two shades of baked blushes i.e. Night Sheen and Day Sheer. The SAs said that the shade called Night Sparkle was yet to come. So I got myself stuff from whatever was available :)
Those who have been reading my blog since some time now would know that I have a penchant for matte lipsticks and though I have petite lips (yes I prefer saying petite that thin!), I still use and flaunt these matte lippies with penache :) So when I saw these matte lippies at the counter, I knew I had to have one :) I got one in "Classic Rose" and well the name doesn't really connect to the shade. When I heard the name, I expected it to be in the pink/crimson family, but this shade a pure Red with Orange undertones... But well who cares as long as the lipstick performs well :P Right? Right?
Image of the Product
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Rose
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Rose
Swatches
Left: Three Swipes  Right: Single Swipe
Lip Swatch
LOTD
Oooohhhss and Aaaahhss!!
1. It has some really gorgeous shades and very unlike the typical Lakme shades.
2. Highly pigmented
3. Not drying at all
4. Does not settle into or highlight fine lines on the lips
5. Does not cause any irritation or reactions
6. Has a pleasant Orange Cream biscuit odor which fades off after a couple of minutes.
Ouches!
1. Does not stay for 16 hours as is claimed! It stays for about 6 hours with a meal in between.
2. Has very limited number of shades. Waiting for more to be launched!
Price
It costs INR 395.00
Repurchase
Yes in other shades for sure.
Would I Recommend?
Oh for sure I will. They have some really classy shades to offer and finally a matte lipstick that isn't very drying :)
Overall Rating
9/10