Monday, October 17, 2011

CELEB LOOK RECREATION: Sonam Kapoor Inspired Contouring

I have been wanting to do a post on face contouring since a very long time but I was too lazy to do it because a tutorial of face contouring would take up too much effort is what I had been thinking (bad girl!). I was just happily shelving it. But just today I saw this wonderful pic of the judges of Kingfisher's Swimsuit Calender Girl Hunt 2012 and I was literally blown away by Sonam Kapoor's look. I was getting so bored seeing neutral and natural looks, I was craving for something dramatic and voila! enter Sonam Kapoor :)
The Panel of Judges
I am totally digging her contoured cheekbones, heavily smoked eyes and nude pink lips. The smokey eyes give her an air of mystery with sensuality whereas her nude pink lips bring about a certain vulnerability, which completely balance out the smoky eyes. And I just cannot get enough of the contouring!!! It's simply gorgeous! Lets take a closer look at her and discuss this masterpeice that her makeup artist has created!














Now these are a list ofpointers that I have learnt from this:
1. Keep the complete look clean, smokey eyes but no drama with winged liners and stuff.
2. Keep the hair sleek and up when doing a strong smokey eye look.
3. Any nudes even Pinks are fine with smokey eyes.
4. Contouring doesn't mean following every trick in the book, but doing only what suits you.
5. Strong brows are really IN this season
6. Since there is very obvious and strong contouring, the other parts of the face is kept clean.
7. Using a concealer is a must when doing a smokey eye.
I am so in love with this look that I have done a version of this look on myself too. Yes! I really loved it so much :D My version looks a bit different in the sense that I haven't used falsies and neither have I done an all black look... I added some color but I kept to the pink nude lips. As far as contouring is concerned I have contoured only my cheekbones just like Sonam. Now I think I could have contoured my nose as well ;)


Now just a few basics about contouring...
Contouring is actually the art of makeup that can magically give you those missing "high cheekbones", "slimmer nose", "prettier chin" and even "flattering temples". It's just a magic of highlighters, bronzers and the correct brushes ;)
In this post I have only contoured my cheekbones. If you guys need an intro to contouring other features and tutorials for contouring do let me know and I will surely put up a post of contouring tutorials :)
Hope you liked my look here!