Tuesday, October 4, 2011

REVIEW & LIP SWATCH: Colorbar Lip Pot in Coral Crush

Since the time I got to know about the launch of Colorbar's Lip Pots, I have been covetting them and well unfortunately they are just not available in Pune. Therefore I asked my co-sister who was to be visiting us for a while to get me a lip pot in Coral Crush from Delhi. The moment I lay my eyes on it I haven't really been as ecstatic as I had hoped to me.
Well I shouldn't really be unfair to the product (or to my co-sister for that matter), but Colorbar's Lip Pot don't impress me much (a-la Shania Twain, if you didn't really get it!) and well i don't think I'll be getting myself another shade in it. No doubt the packaging is really cute (I am a sucker for lil dibbis) and the product swatches wonderfully on my had and the quality is good but that is exactly where the fell-good factor ends.. Am I being too choosy? Well you guys be the judge then :)
First off the "dibbi" is really tiny! You get a mere 6gms of product for INR 495/-... Ok 6gms isn't all that less, MAC Paint Pots give 5gms of product for INR1200/- but then the consistency of the two products are so not comparable! :P The lip pot no doubt is very moisturizing but Colorbar could seriously have worked on the pigmentation as well! I found it more like a tinted lip balm :(
I know I know the Indian blogosphere is teaming with praises and oohs and ahhs about the lip pots... Maybe it's just me that I am so not impressed with the product!
Here is a point-by-point review of the product...
Image of the Product
Colorbar Lip Pot in Coral Crush
 




Swatches
Colorbar Lip Pot in Coral Crush (without flash)
Colorbar Lip Pot in Coral Crush (with flash)
Lip Swatch
Oooohhsss and Aaahhss!
1. The product is extremely moisturizing and is not drying one small bit.
2. The shades in the range are simply gorgeous.
3. The packaging is very cute.
4. Does not cause any reactions or allergies.
5. Nice and creamy consistency.
Ouches!
1. The shade range is pretty limited.
2. The lip pots have a distinct artificial smell that is also present in Colorbar's Velvel Matte Lipsticks.
3. Poorly pigmented.
4. Doesn't stay on for long, max for about 40 mins to an hour.
5. The dibbi is very small and contains very less product
6. Could and should have come with a lip brush.
Price
It costs INR 495/-
Repurchase?
No, I will not purchase it again and the same goes for the other shades in the range. I get a similar consistency and a hydrated experience with NYX round lipsticks and they stay on for longer :)
Would I recommend it?
Again, no! I would not recommend lip pots to lipstick lovers. Yes connoiseurs of lip glosses may just love it :)
Overall Rating
6/10