Thursday, October 6, 2011

Seahorses



How cute is this? It was my sisters birthday on Tuesday so I made her this seahorse cross stitch. I love giving handmade presents as they are personal. All in all this cost me less then £5.00 to make. I picked up the design from a craft magazine - which can usually be expensive but I found a bunch of old ones on sale for about 20p each. Then rather then using the colours suggested I picked and bought my own, picking these particular colours so they would match with my sisters bathroom. Next I bought some cheap material, stitched it, bought a cheap frame and just put it in. My sister loves seahorses so I thought it would be a nice idea and now because I used those colours, it is hanging on her bathroom wall.

What do you all think? It's such a cheap lovely alternative to a birthday gift which probably has a lot more meaning behind it then it would purchasing something more expensive :)