Wednesday, October 19, 2011

REVIEW: Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers EDT Spray

I am a very finicky person where choosing and using perfumes are concerned. I have a very sensitive nose, no not nose but a sensitive "head" and many of the top perfumes in the world induce severe headaches in me. Hence buying a perfume is like quite a chore for me. I prefer subtle scents that are understated and sophisticated rather than loud, sexy and in-the-face. Thus exit Nina Ricci(s), Juicy Couture, Azzaro, Escada and the like and enter Burberry, Elizabeth Arden, Kenzo and Davidoff.

Some of my Favorite Fragrances at the moment!
Because of being such a crazy bitch choosy person when buying perfumes, I prefer to not purchase them online (obviously!), but I got this bottle from FashionAndYou anyway and well let me tell you, where Elizabeth Arden is concerned its really hard to go wrong! For those of you who don't have invitations to FashionAndYou, go check it out and register yourselves for some great deals here.

So anyways, when I decided to purchase it, I thought to myself if buying a perfume that boasts of smelling of Sunflowers was the right thing to do but I bought it anyway cause it was heavily discounted on the portal and well my first Elizabeth Arden Perfume called Green Tea is my HG perfume. You can check out the review here.

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers EDT
The moment I got the bright yellow box, I knew I was wrong in thinking that it would smell of Sunflowers! Rather it reminded one of Sunflowers, sunny and bright days and all things happy and cheery. I removed the seal and opened the carton and voila the bottle was just so me! Nothing fancy, nothing pretentious, plain simple lines with a unique attractiveness to it. Maybe it was the golden liquid in it and or the crystal clear glass bottle, whatever it was I was smitten...

Elizabeth Arden
Sunflowers

Ok, now for the smell... It gave me a feeling of Deja Vu... It took me to my childhood in fifth grade... It took me back to those happy sunny Winters days in Wellington (it's a beautiful army hill station near Ooty in Tamil Nadu) and reminded me of purity and innocence, youth and vulnerability, calmness and beauty...

It is not fruity or candy-ish, it's not sweetly floral... It's somehow very beautiful :) It brings back happy memories though I have never used this scent ever before in my life!

Now some practical pointers ;) It has some great staying power and no it does not oxidize and turn acrid smelling on the skin. I like applying it behind my ears, in my cleavage and in my belly button (weird? Yes I know!) and well the fragrance lingers on the whole without giving me a headache!

Top Notes: Lemon, Rosewood, Orange Blossom, Mandarin
Middle Notes: Cyclamen, Rose, Jasmine, Orris 
Base Notes: Cedar, Musk, Amber, Moss

It costs about INR 2,999/- for 100ml but on sale I got it for a mere INR 777/- :)


Girls, do go and try this out. I guarantee that you'll love it, if you like classy, understated and subtle scents :)