Tuesday, October 4, 2011

HOW TO EXTRACT ALOE VERA GEL AT HOME

Aloevera has a lot of anti inflammatory properties which acts as a best natural medicine for cuts, sunburns and wounds. It also has so much of beauty benefits and just before few weeks and I got to know about all these from my beautician :). But I came to know that many people doesn't know what is aloevera gel and how to extract it from the plant. In this post I am gonna write a Step by Step procedure of getting aloevera gel :). I took the step by step pics for you all today :). Try this at home and give your feedback. In my next post, I will post few excellent skin and hair care tips with ALOEVERA !. Keep visiting!

ALOEVERA PLANT (Snap taken from my terrace)


THINGS NEEDED
  • Aloevera leaf (Taken from the plant)
  • A sharp knife
  • A small bowl

METHOD

1. Cut a fresh, green looking aloevera leaf from the plant (Preferably from the center as it will be new and fresh). This is how the aloevera leaf looks. After cutting it from the plant allow a yellow liquid which get out of it for sometime (It's not needed, I will get out of the plant within a minute) and wash the leaf with clean water.




2. After washing the leaf, gently scrap the thick green skin from both side of the leaf with your sharp knife. Be careful while doing this because the thorns in the edges of the leaf may scratch your skin.




3. After peeling the skin off, you will get the fresh transparent pulp which is slippery. It will look something like this..



4. Save this gel in a clean bowl and paste it user a mixer. (Don't add water, the pulp has a lot of moisture).


This paste is the Aloevera gel which we can use as a skin and hair care remedy at home. Store this gel in refrigerator. The refrigerated Aloe gel can be used for a week :)

Keep visiting our blog to get more Aloevera tips :) :) See you all in my next post!