Sunday, October 9, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: NYX Round Lipstick in Herades

Like many beauty bloggers, I myself own a lot of NYX products but somehow reviewing them has always been getting shelved and delayed. Well honestly, Colorbar and Faces seem to be demanding more of my attention and well NYX has always been relegated to the backseat... But ladies and gentlemen, not any more... NYX will not be overlooked any more and I will strive to get my NYX collection the focus it deserves.. Ok enough of my "sales pitch"... LOL!
First off NYX seems to be really affordable and "cheaper" in the US but somehow us Indians get them quite expensive here. The NYX round lippies that cost a mere $4 in the US, we get them for INR 395/- here but trust me they are really worth every paisa :) Ok so how did I get myself to buy Herades? The story isn't that long, just that I have now hoarded loads of Pinks, Corals and Reds and so the logical next step seemed to be Orange :) I did try a couple of Orange lipsticks before but they simply refused to suit maybe cause I have yellow undertones in my skin-tone, so I had almost given up hope... But then I got my hands busy with this beauty and well the world of Orange lipsticks haven't been the same for me again :)
Herades is not a bright orange on me and neither is it "Corally" or even "Peachy", it on the other hand is a pleasant pale orange on me that actually brightens up my face and I am totally in love with it :)
Image of the Product
NYX Round Lipstick in Herades

NYX Round Lipstick in Herades
Swatches
With Flash
Without Flash
LOTD
it's not really as pink as it looks!

its Orange-y!
Oooohhss and Aaahhss!
1. Delightfully beautiful shade of Orange that would suit all warm skintones.
2. It has pretty decent staying power. The lippy stays on for about 4-5 hours and then leaves a very pretty "stain" behind.
3. NYX lippies are known to be creamy and very moisturizing.
4. NYX lippies have highly pigmented shades that give full coverage. No shade is sheer!
5. Does not dry out my lips.
6. Does not settle into the fine lines of my lips.
7. Does not result in darkening of lips.
Ouches!
1. It has an artificial smell/flavor
2. The lippies are so creamy that they sometimes melt and break during summer months.
Price
INR 395/-
Repurchase?
Oh yes definitely!
Would I Recommend it?
Oh yes! I would surely recommend NYX round lipsticks to everyone and Herades especially to warm tones womed looking for a flattering Orange lipstick :)
Overall Rating
8.5/10