Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear Girls, Don't Be Insecure...

Calling all ladies! Hands up if you've ever felt self conscious! Perhaps you've felt like you're not good enough for someone, or you've compared yourself one time too many to that effortlessly beautiful girl on your Facebook that you don't even know. Maybe constant images of thin, groomed and tanned celebrities have made you feel down, or maybe even you've just felt horrible compared to your ex's new girlfriend.

I know I have. In fact, I know daily that some, if not all, of these things happen to me. I'm a girl, so it's natural right? All girls get self conscious. Well not anymore, I've had enough.


This post is about what makes me happy. What I like about my looks and my body. I'm going to tell you exactly why I am a pretty person and I don't care if it sounds stuck up. Everybody is gorgeous in their own way and everybody deserves to know it.

  • I love my eyes. I have blue eyes and I absolutely adore the patterns in them, they remind me of summer. I love my long eyelashes and how with the right amount of mascara my eyes stand out more. I love experimenting with my eye makeup and especially sporting the smokey eye look with black eyeliner smudged along my lower lash line...I love how edgy it looks.
  • I love my tragus piercing which was done completely out of the blue and spontaneously. I love how quirky it looks and how many people don't even know its there until I tuck my hair back behind my ear.
  • I love my hair. It's lovely, soft and thick (my sister is jealous as it's so thick!). Although I struggle to do most hair styles, I am never ever seen with a bad hair cut or hair colour...I have always loved my different hairstyles over the years and enjoy experimenting with new ones!
  • I love my legs. They may not be tanned and they may have the odd bruise but I love showing them off in a skirt or a dress, especially when they look sexy and long with heels.
  • I love my bum when I wear cute knickers or french knickers.
  • I love my curves, especially when I wear an outfit that really shows off my shape
  • I don't love my feet (I have a tiltman toe!) but I have learned to live with that by constantly painting my toenails bright colours, now I actually like showing off my feet! 
  • I really really love my smile when I actually do a cheesy grin!



So here's to you lot. Seriously, to all the insecure girls out there, let's make a stand and stop it! There's nothing wrong with fake tan and makeup if it compliments you, but it shouldn't make you. Everyone is pretty in their own individual way. I want to see all my readers posting blog posts similar to this one! Go on girls, big yourself up a bit and learn to love yourself. After all there's nothing more sexy than a girl with confidence!