Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Look Of The Week - Dinner

So on Sunday us girls (me, my mum, my sister and my nan) went out for dinner. My brother is getting married next weekend (I can't wait!) so as a surprise, all the girls from the family and my future sister in law's family got together to surprise the bride to be with a nice meal out. It was lots of fun!




I loved my outfit, I felt it was very glam! I wore my new dress from MissRebel which is an open back dress - something I have been after for ages and that I think is very sexy! I went for a very classic look with my makeup and hair, I curled my hair although it ended up more tassled and used a very deep red lipstick. I wasn't too confident about this but in the end I got loads of compliments! On the second picture it has unfortunately rubbed off (and I look a bit gormless, oops!). Also, as you may see in the first picture (which I took after I'd got home) I spilt profiteroles down my front which isn't a surprise coming from me. I used colours from my Front Cover to go makeup set and used a small tutorial in there to create a 'smouldering evening look'. Although you can't see in the photos, I used browns and golds on my eyes with a aqua colour for beneath my lower lashes just to give the look a bit of an edge.

I was kind of worried about what type of bra I'd wear with this dress as part of it was backless (I really wish I'd gotten a photo of this!) but luckily one of my normal bra's was just about okay! I just used the belt to hold the dress in place, i.e stopping my bra appearing over the top of the material but in future I'm going to purchase a proper backless bra to wear with this dress. Luckily it was okay as a quick fix as I was only going to dinner, but in the long run I will be purchasing a proper bra for it.

I was very pleased with this look, it's nice to go a bit classic now and again!

Outfit :

Dress : Open Back Lace Contrast Dress from Miss Rebel.co.uk
Shoes : Newlook


Make Up :

Foundation : Boi-ing shade 01 from Benefit and L'oreal Paris infallible brush in 015 Porcelain shade
Cover Up : Beige shade Hello Flawless by Benefit
Eyeshadow : Powder Puff, Copper Coin and Bright Aqua to create 'Smouldering Evening Look' - colours and design from Frontcover to go set 
Eyeliner : Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Mascara :  Rimmel London Glam' Eyes Day 2 Night
Blusher : Thrrrob by Benefit and special edition Rose De Jaspe Boujois Paris blusher
Lipstick : Shade 002 Lipstick from Nicola Roberts' Dainty Doll range

Accessories :

Necklace : Accessorize 
Belt : Unknown