Friday, December 9, 2011

2011 Conclusion Challenge - Day Five


I haven't had an adventure really unless you count the weekend away to York or my graduation. I'll tell you about my graduation ; my mum rang me really early in the morning saying they were about half an hour away (which was three hours earlier than they were supposed to be here). So I got up, jumped in the shower, got ready, finished packing and then waited eagerly downstairs. Then they were finally here, my mum, dad, sister and nan. I made the ex make everyone tea whilst my sister made a start on doing my makeup and hair. Then my brother and sister in law turned up so it was a bit hectic with so many of us! When we were ready my mum of course started worrying about being late so we headed straight to where the ceremony was held. Everyone else went off to check into the hotel where my family were staying and mum waited whilst I registered for the day and got my robes and all that. Mum immediately got teary eyed! Then my mum went off with my dad to the hotel whilst the ex waited with me in reception and I started getting really nervous. I saw all my uni friends and said hello then all my family turned up so we had some photos. My cloak thing kept falling off so nan stepped in and fastened it to my robes with pins and then it was time to go in! I was really scared! I said bye to everyone and went in with my friend Steph then back outside again (as it was held outside) and found that because my uni was ridiculous and processed my graduation stuff at the very last minute I was sat away from everyone else. So I watched everyone go up and get their degrees, some sports guy got a degree and gave a speech and then it was my classes/courses turn to go. I was petrified I was going to trip! Finally they called out my name and I heard all my friends and family cheering loudly.


I can't describe how proud I felt of myself for graduating. Uni was hard for me, I was so far away from home and my years at uni had a lot of ups and downs so it meant a lot that I'd managed to get through it all. When it was over we went inside where they had food and drinks for us and I was so happy ; it felt so right having everyone there even though me and my ex weren't together anymore. After some nibbles we went outside and took loads of photos.


Left to Right - My dad, my nan, my mum, me, the ex, my sister, my brother and my sister in law

Then we quickly went back to the house so I could get changed into an evening dress then made our way back to the hotel where we sat around waiting until it was time to go for food (as we had a table booked). Turns out we waited half hour longer then we had to as we thought my brother and Clare were  getting ready so we were waiting for them to let us know when they were ready but they were downstairs drinking in the bar waiting for us! So we went to the restaurant and had a generally really ace night, us 'younger ones' (me, my ex, my sister, my brother, Clare) got a bit tipsy on the cocktails! We had so much fun and had a right laugh. Then finally it was time to go home. And the next day we left and I've not been back since! An adventure indeed!


Day 6:  Any words of wisdom/advice for anyone?
Day 7: 10 things you want to say 10 people.
Day 8: Things you hope for in 2012.
Day 9: What are you looking forward to in 2012?
Day 10: Anything you wish to say to end 2011/start 2012.