Sunday, December 11, 2011

The LOOK Beauty Range

The wonderful team over at LOOK magazine, in particular the beauty girls, have come together to create the first magazine makeup brand ever! They have launched a range containing over 100 beauty products to try including 32 mono eye shadows, triple hit eye compacts, foundations (including a BB cream), primers, eye kohls, liquid liners, lip duos, glosses, lipsticks, bronzers, blushers, 32 nail polishes and entire looks in a box (complete with step by steps). WOW.

I was kind enough to be sent some of their products for review and I can't wait let you know my thoughts! So, lets begin with an overview of the packaging (my weakness!)


As you can see from the photo's the packaging is simple and chic. It is slightly understated and doesn't scream out 'high street!'. Most of the products from the range have a gorgeous Ashley Isham print on, tailoring to all the fashionista's needs! I must say, the packaging is really good quality. It feels chunky and sturdy, much higher quality than you'd expect from a high street brand. 

The Nail Pops:

Fab nail polishes in a multitude of colours! Priced at £5.00 a pop, there is deffinately one for everyone in this collection. Ranging from creamy pastels, neon's, shimmers and sparkly glitters! Here are the three I have...

'Neon' - Shade 19, 'Bling' - Shade 4, 'Vintage' - Shade 29

In the photo below I was wearing 2 coats of Neon and 2 coats of Bling on my ring finger. It lasted just as long as any other nail polish and remained shiny and strong. I will deffinately be trying out more of these as soon as I get chance to go shopping. Especially excited to try out more of the glitters - they are so opaque!

  
Holiday Glow Bronzer:

The next item I received was a lovely shimmery bronzer. It's not too orange toned, more on the ashy side. It's quite easy for this one to look slightly 'muddy' if you get a little brush happy and apply too much! Just sweep across the cheeks for a subtle bronze glow and it will leave you looking more J-Lo than J-No! This one also has a great big mirror inside, perfect for on the go! Priced at £8.00.

'Hollywood' - Shade 1
Swatch of 'Hollywood' - Shade 1

The Triple Hit Eye Shadows:

I'm a big fan of these trio's! The shadows are such good quality; velvety smooth powder with amazing colour pay-off. One sweep and you get the most pigmented rich shades. This one is just my style, I like to keep it safe on the eyes with a simple neutral look and this kit is perfect. I can throw this one in my makeup bag and know that I'm safe. You are covered with a bronze/gold lid colour, a deeper plum tone for the socket and a shimmery, buttery highlight for the inner corners and brow bone. Lovely jubbely! These are priced at £7.50.

'La Luxe' - Shade 1
'La Luxe' - Shade 1

Double Hit Lipstick and Gloss:

This product was really one that stood out for me. It's not often that you see both a lipstick and a highly pigmented gloss in one tube AND in such intense colours. Such a good one for having in the handbag. I love this shade, it's so vibrant and eye catching. Definitely one for the braver people out there but none the less delivers a mighty punch of neon gorgeous-ness! This shade is so true to colour and applies to the lips smoothly. The smell of the gloss is so sweet and yummy too! Priced at £7.00.

'Pink Punch' - Shade 3
'Pink Punch' - Shade 3

Loud Lips Lipsticks:

 I love these lipsticks. You really can't go wrong with them. They are creamy, highly pigmented, beautifully packaged and smell nice too! What more could you want?! I have two of the slightly paler shades and have been wearing them to death! They are so easy to throw on with out thinking and have deffinately found their way in to my everyday handbag. The only downfall with these is that the lids are not as secure as I'd like. They close with a magnet rather than clicking in place but the magnet has sometimes let me down and the lid was found floating away in the depths of my hang bag! I think it would be fine in a small makeup bag but don't let your lipstick get smushed all over your bedazzled iPhone. Not pretty! ;) Priced at £7.00.

'Baby Doll' - Shade 1
'Tangerine Cream' - Shade 2
'Baby Doll' on the left and 'Tangerine Cream' on the right.
 
Slightly lengthy post but I wanted to make sure you knew my opinion on the new LOOK Beauty products. There's one more important thing to mention...this range was created in support of the cancer charity 'Look Good...Feel Better' with a portion of proceeds going to help a great cause.

Please let me know if you try out any of the products from this range. I can't wait to try out more of the products, there are some amazing things to snap up! It is now available in Superdrug stores nationwide. Hope you enjoyed the post :)